Tires are the only part of a vehicle that are in physical contact with the road’s surface. Hence, they wear out quicker than other car parts. Irrespective of the season, be it summer or winter, they require proper maintenance and attention. Below are 5 best tire maintenance tips that could prolong your tire’s life and make you safe on the road:
- Check the Tire Pressure
Proper tire pressure, ideally between 32 psi to 35 psi, is important to evenly distribute the weight of the car across the tire’s tread pattern. Over-inflation and under-inflation both pose issues in driving. To check pressure:
- Use a tire pressure gauge
- Park your car for three hours or more
- Find out the PSI for the front and rear tires of the vehicle
- Remove the valve cap from one of the tires
- Insert the gauge and press hard till you see numbers or dial on it moving
- Then use the air compressor to refill the gas in the tires
- Wheel Alignment
The wheels and the axle have to be correctly aligned, as the alignment effects fuel efficiency, wearing and tearing of the tires, handling of the vehicle, maneuverability, performance of the tires, and the steering response.
Here’s how you can check wheel alignment:
- While driving straight, the vehicle pulls to the right or left
- The steering wheel isn’t in the center position rather turned at an angle
- Tires make a squeaky noise crook
Want to fix the alignment yourself? Here is a tutorial.
Balanced wheels are necessary to avoid vibrations and jumps while driving. They also prevent premature wear of the tires and protect the suspension, steering system, and bearings of the vehicle. Imbalanced tires wear out improperly and make the drive riskier.
Here is how you know if the wheels are out of balance?
- One area will feel heavier and the other lighter
- Frequent vibrations
- More stress on the front-end part
- Premature wearing of the front-end part
- Tire Repairs
If you notice or feel any changes in your tire’s shape, it is best to visit a tire specialist for an in-depth inspection. Sometimes, a tire is damaged from the inside, which is invisible to an untrained eye. If the expert recommends you to change the tires, make sure you buy them from a trust dealer like buycarparts and they should fit for purpose.
Why you should visit a tire specialist?
- He will thoroughly check the whole tire.
- Both, internal and external, problems can be identified and fixed
- He will comply with the manufacturers and customers’ preferences and demands
- He will take into account the instructions and warnings on the sidewalls and specificity of the tire.
- Tread Depth and Tire Wear
Tread depth plays an important role of dispersing water from underneath the surface of the tire, thus helps in controlling and preventing aquaplaning. The correct tread depth ensures excellent performance. It is encouraged to change tires before the tread depth goes below 1.6mm, to avoid unpleasant surprises and maintain maximum traction, grip and control on the wheels. You can check the tread depth yourself a tread depth gauge. If you do not have fun, you can try the ‘penny test’. Here’s how you can do it.
- How To Keep Kids Away From Overuse Habit Of Smartphone - October 15, 2017
- Stay On Budget For Black Friday & Beyond - October 9, 2017
- The Smartest Video Marketing Trends in 2017 - October 6, 2017
- Who Loses, Who Wins After China’s Crackdown On Cryptocurrencies - October 5, 2017
- Why MLB is far better than the NFL? - September 26, 2017
- Free gifts with your broadband - September 23, 2017
- Fundamentals of Productive and Quality Writing - September 21, 2017
- How to Become an Instagram Celebrity - September 15, 2017
- 10 fun online activities - September 14, 2017
- Sports is necessary in life - September 11, 2017