Most of the accidents take place during the night time even though the traffic is much light compared to day time. Below are some of the tips how to drive safely at night:
Get eyes tested
Visit an optometrist if you find difficulties in seeing properly at night. This will be an honest approach to yourself before driving at night. Wear the glasses while driving at night if you have been prescribed.
Plan the route
Pre-plan your route properly. You must distinctly know which route to follow to reach the destination. Only stick to well-lit roads even if it is longer and do not stress too much to read unlit road signs.
Check car lights
Don’t forget to get the car lights checked. This includes headlights, brake lights and tail lights too.
Keep car glass clean
Your vision may be impeded if the glass of your car is dirty. Scratches on glass too act as obstacles proper visibility under artificial lighting. In the day time you may not find problem driving with such glass, but the night driving is totally different.
During the night the air is cooler and so the moisture from your breathing may condense on the windows. So don’t forget to get the demister checked properly.
Don’t blind drivers of vehicle coming from opposite direction
Before the oncoming car is within range it is suggested to dip your headlights. Don’t keep the high beam on if the other driver is doing. Remember, two blinded drivers doubles the danger risk compared to one blinded driver.
Under poor light or at night it may be difficult to judge a distance. If the vehicle in front of you slows down suddenly you may get less time to react. So it is suggested to keep a safe following distance.
Drive slower than you can see
It is always to remember that you should be able to stop within the headlights range. If your speed is too high it may not be possible. So do not driver faster than what you can see at night.
Don’t get fixed at headlights’ range
This may cause eye fatigue. It is suggested to glance at the mirror and to the side of the road in between instead of just staring at the limits of headlights’ range.
Room for errors of other drivers
Keep enough room for the errors of other drivers who may be very hesitantly driving like in the case of inexperienced drivers.
- Six Excellent Weight Loss Tips - November 22, 2017
- Common Computer Issues: Why Not Getting Formatted, Turning On Quickly - November 21, 2017
- Brandy Tips – How to Make Stinger, Netherland Drink, Jubal Early And Sunset Punch - November 20, 2017
- Why Online Gambling Becoming More Popular - November 19, 2017
- Do You Know Cocaine Addiction May Make You Ugly - November 18, 2017
- Proven Basic Tips On Retirement Investment - November 17, 2017
- Effects Of Drug Cocktail - November 16, 2017
- Proven Tips How To Get Lowest Car Insurance Rates - November 15, 2017
- Learn The Trick If Someone Bugging You - November 14, 2017
- Top Tips To Create Enough Content For Your Blogs And Websites - November 12, 2017