When Will Commercial Autonomous Cars To Become A Reality
Amid increased enthusiasm from automakers, tech companies as well as US government to hit the roads, to the earliest, with commercial autonomous cars, a nonprofit organization, National Safety Council, has come up with some astonishing facts that may slow down the development of the new face of auto industry.
According to the organization, about 40,000 Americans died last year due to traffic accidents and the figure is about 6 percent more than that of 2015. More to this, the figure mentioned for 2016 is the deadliest on US roads in about past decade.
The jump in traffic casualties has lately raised questions whether driverless cars would be safe on roads. It is underscoring the need for rapid adoption of new automotive safety technologies.
If believed to public policy experts, the full embrace of the autonomous cars on roads would take longer time than estimated by tech companies, auto giants and the government as well. The new face of auto industry to see higher hurdles in costs and policy too.
NSC president and chief executive officer Deborah Hersman said the top three causes of deaths due to traffic in 2016 were speeding, alcohol and distractions.
She adds such concerns can be changed with the newly-developed technologies like lane departure warning and blond-spot monitoring.
Meanwhile, an initiative has been taken by the Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, NSC and two other agencies to make the roads as such by 2046 that no deaths take place due to traffic.
NSC has been granted with a $1 million and hopes to build such road infrastructure and strategic deployment of self-driving cars to make zero-traffic-deaths scenario.
Associate professor of urban planning at the University of California, Berkeley, Daniel Chatman, said autonomous cars will surely eliminate the causes of human errors on roads, but it is still a question as how much time will taken to achieve the goal and this is something to be figured out.
He added, “I think the best corollary to autonomous vehicles is how long it took for people to adopt motor vehicles when they were first invented. And the answer to that, at that time in history, it was about 20 years.”
All such questions arises at such time when several tech giants have started investing hugely into the development of artificial intelligence systems to be helpful for autonomous cars and to make fully autonomous vehicle a reality in near future.
- HTC U11 vs HTC 10 (Similarities and Differences) - May 23, 2017
- Top Goals In The History Of Football - May 22, 2017
- Top Tips How To Lead Healthy Corporate Lifestyle - May 21, 2017
- Things To Know For First Time Home Buyers - May 19, 2017
- Tips For Women To Lead Healthy Life - May 18, 2017
- Things To Consider Before Developing A Mobile Game - May 17, 2017
- Tips For Those Teen Drivers Who Have Just Earned Driving License - May 16, 2017
- How To Pave Perfect Career Path - May 14, 2017
- Tips: How To Handle Mental Health Of Children - May 12, 2017
- How To Bid For Property At Auction - May 10, 2017
- Moving to a New Office? Tips That Will Help the Move Go Smoother
- Points to Consider When Purchasing a Used Spray Truck
- Smart Ways of writing a Compelling Thesis Statement
- HTC U11 vs HTC 10 (Similarities and Differences)
- 5 Best Tire Maintenance Tips
- Top Goals In The History Of Football