This is an era of virtual employees too and so there has been growth noted people working remotely. However, for employers it may not be easy to deal with such workforce. Below are some tips in this regard:
Proper, regular communication
Communication is the key in long-run relationship, even for employer and employee. It is suggested employers should opt for visual communication techniques like video conferencing, if possible, with remote employees. Also, make use of screenshots as well as diagrams to make the employees better understand the work and other stuff. You should always make sure that the remote employee is not forgotten.
Encourage the employee to collaborate
This is highly suggested as collaboration is one more important key factor in managing a team of virtual or remote employees. Use a document management system like Google Drive or Dropbox to share documents and files. Don’t just rely on the emails as documents may get lost and it would be tough to hunt for those. Also, give your employees the tools with which they feel comfortable working or are more efficient. You will get several free tools on the web.
Every employers have an expectation from their employees and this need to be passed on properly. Convey your expectations clearly to them so that they know their target task. Set goals too and establish a timeline. Don’t forget to give feedback too about their progress as this will help them to do a analysis of their own work and performance.
Track work of employees
This is highly important as without tracking you may not understand the progress of the employees and whether they will complete the task on time and as defined. This is like micromanaging the team. If the employees work on hourly basis, get a software how to track. There are several available on the internet. Some are free too.
Make each employee feel to be part of the team
Engagement is much important and if the employees feel they are part of the team, they work better. Send them regular newsletters about what is happening within the office or in the company. Establish a good rapport with the employees and try to know them on a personal level. Do not forget to send them gifts during holidays. It is also suggested to invite the remote employees to the main office once in a year to let them understand they are a good part of a big team and they are also important to the company.
- How To Overcome Neck Pain - August 19, 2017
- Common Technology Problems And Their Solutions - August 18, 2017
- Career Fairs And Tips How To Attend - August 16, 2017
- How To Manage You Finance Intelligently - August 15, 2017
- Tips To Follow Before Buying A Gaming Desk - August 14, 2017
- 4 Tips For Amateur Real Estate Agents - August 12, 2017
- Some Professional Tips When You Are On A Job - August 12, 2017
- How To Remain Safe And Healthy In Smoky Haze Air-Pollution Condition - August 9, 2017
- How To Make Smartphone Perform Faster While Playing Games - August 7, 2017
- How To Beat Loneliness - August 6, 2017