If you are looking for a new job or for a change from your present one, experts have some simple and unique tips for you below:
Follow up phone call or email is highly recommended for those who have applied for a job and is waiting for a reply from the HR team of the company. In America it is well said for decades that fortune is in the follow-up. If you are wondering what the follow up communication should look like. Here is a simple example:
“Hi, my name is George and I applied for the position of Software Engineer last Thursday. I know you are busy, but was wondering if you had a chance to review my application.”
While you are discussing about the reason for applying for a position it is suggested not to use the phrase “objective,” but it is better to term it as “professional summary.” It should be like an introduction to the resume and even experts believe not to mention the year of your high school grad.
One of the most important tips by career experts is to remain honest in your resume even if you have a criminal background. Remember, most of the companies today do a cross check of your background. Falsifying document is a crime and never suggest to apply. The Fidelity Bonding Program and Work Opportunity Tax Credit are available through the state.
Most of us use the phrase “see attached resume.” This is not something professional. The employer understands you have attached the resume if you are applying for a job in the organization. Your application may be discarded if you are leaving some blank spaces and thereafter writing “see attached resume” on the applications. Employers get dozens of applications and someone may have taken time to fill out completely.
While giving job references it is suggested to be very careful. The three or five references, as asked for, can be anyone from the workforce, a neighbour, a pastor of the church you visit on Sundays or your coach. Don’t forget to intimate them before using their names and contact details.
It is highly urged to keep your email address simple and appropriate. Don’t include in it complicated numbers. Also keep religion, politics, and sports teams out of it.
In the interviews try to reach at least 15 minutes ahead of the scheduled time. Carry more than one copy of your resume as you may require it if there is a “panel” interview.
- How To Succeed Starting New Business Or Upgrading Existing One - July 26, 2017
- Things To Know While Borrowing Money From Relative, Friend - July 25, 2017
- Top Tips On How To Keep Yourself Healthy During Winters - July 24, 2017
- How To Work On Plan B If Your Current Job Is At Risk - July 23, 2017
- Learn How To Balance A Good Work And Personal Life - July 22, 2017
- Real Estate Business Is Not Just About Buying Low Selling High; Learn What More Is There - July 21, 2017
- How To Unplug From Technology While On Vacation - July 20, 2017
- How To Get Scholarships For Your Studies - July 19, 2017
- How To Deal With Remote Employees - July 18, 2017
- How To Become A Successful Freelancer - July 17, 2017