Best Things to Do with Kids in New York City
When you think of New York, you probably imagine yourself in the middle of the hustle and bustle holding giant shopping bags, hopping from broadway show to broadway show. No? Is that just me? Well anyway, there is a lifetime of things to do in New York City, especially with kids. It isn’t just for the grown ups! There are so many things to do with your family on your next vacation that you won’t be worrying about designer shopping and broadway shows. But come on, still make time for designer shopping. It’s New York for crying out loud!
Your kids may not remember the movie “Big” with Tom Hanks, but they will love the giant piano that they can jump on and play with when you book a one hour instructor-led session with the iconic piano! It will bring back all kinds of fun memories for you, and make some new memories for the kids!
Schedule a Mommy-and-Me crafting class and spend some quality time learning a new skill together. Who doesn’t love crafting time? This is a great activity after a full day of go-go-go and everyone just wants to sit down and unwind a little bit. Creative time is great and the kids get to keep what they make as a souvenir.
If you are feeling brave, take a tour of a local confectionary shop. You can book a tour to see how candy and chocolate is prepared, and obviously, you’ll get to sample of wares! Who doesn’t love chocolate. The kids will love this one for sure, and they’ll be intrigued by the care and time that goes into making a sweet treat that most people take for granted. A lot of candy shops will let you “sample” the sweets without the tour, but the tours are worth the time and money. Plus, more candy at the end! It’s a win-win for all.
While the fun and sugar is important to any vacation, so is the learning. Be sure to check out the Metropolitan Museum. It’s iconic and there is something for everyone inside. Think history is boring? Think again, there is a “nasty women” tour that you can sign up for – granted, it’s probably not for the kids, but come on, how cool is it that a museum has a tour called “nasty women”? Don’t judge a book by its cover, people. Take the kids to the museum. Everyone loves museums.
There is so much to see and do on your vacation, like these New York activities, that you’ll want to have an itinerary planned to make sure you and your family can see and do everything you want while visiting this amazing city. Take a few minutes to ask everyone in the family what they would like to see and do and try to find a way to fit at least one request for every person into your itinerary. You don’t have to do everything, but it’s nice if everyone gets to see at least one thing they had hoped for: even the kids. It’s their vacation too, after all.
- How to Choose a Law Firm That’s Right For You - June 23, 2017
- Basic Pool Care Tips Every Single Owner Should Know - June 16, 2017
- Make the Most of Your Los Angeles Trip - June 14, 2017
- Go Out and Get Your Dream Car - June 13, 2017
- BYOD Programs are becoming increasingly popular in the workplace - June 9, 2017
- 5 Ways You Can Use Emoticons Properly at Work - June 8, 2017
- Home Survey 101: A Look at the Advantages and Disadvantages of Different Home Surveys - June 7, 2017
- Tips on Ways to Stay Healthy in 2017 - June 2, 2017
- Is Your Debt out of Control? - June 1, 2017
- Ideas on writing an Essay on your Best Travel Experience - June 1, 2017
- Basic Tips For Small Businesses How To Achieve Goals
- Top Man-Hood Health Tips To Lead Youthful, Satisfactory Life
- How to Choose a Law Firm That’s Right For You
- How To Keep Yourself Safe At Music Festivals
- How To Buy Game Titles At Discount
- What You Get In Essential Phone