How To Stop Your Smart TV Spying On You
Do you know your smart TV is spying on you. It sends data without your consent. Here are few tips how to stop the TV track you.
Get Dongle or Set-Top Box
Arguably a dongle or a set-top box is better than smart TVs. Range of such devices are available in the market. You can choose internet-streaming fix like YouTube videos and Netflix movies. They come with better interfaces and have more features to offer. They are highly affordable too compared to smart TVs.
Replace Smart TV with Dumb TV
A dumb TV never knows how to spy and collect data as it does not come equipped with a feature to connect to internet. The dumb TV will become smart if it is mixed with streaming device and as a whole the entire setup becomes lot cheaper than a smart TV.
Turn Off Wi-Fi
If you have a smart TV it cannot be suggested to keep it off all the time or sell it off. Rather it is suggested to turn off Wi-Fi and be relaxed. The device will no more be able to send data to companies.
Get Vizio Smart TV
Its a good idea to buy a Vizio Smart TV if you still don’t own any smart TV. The television comes with tracking turned off by default and it requires permission to turn it on and start collecting data. It is now arguably a great buy.
Wait for other brands to follow Vizio
If you are brand loyal and wants your choice of smart TV to have tracking turned off by default like Vizio smart TV, t is suggested to wait for sometime and let other companies come up with similar feature. However, this may not be a viable option and so you can follow below steps on your other smart TV to stop being tracked:
First, click on the Menu button on your remote control handset and open up the HDTV Settings app.
Second, head to System from the app.
Third, choose Reset & Admin.
Next, search for Smart Interactivity and thereafter press the right arrow there to turn off the tracking.
Now finally your smart TV will not again be spying on you unless you turn on the same from the Settings app.
However, it is suggested to buy such smart TV that has a more accessible option of doing so and turning off the tracking.
- A “Yes” Answer To “Can You Hear Me” Phone Call May Scam You. Beware. - March 25, 2017
- Tips: How To Choose Best Dentist For Oral Health - March 24, 2017
- Why Not To Buy High Priced Smartphone - March 23, 2017
- Why Women Should Avoid Breast Implants - March 22, 2017
- How Global Warming Responsible For Diabetes: Study - March 21, 2017
- Guiding Tips Which Speakers To Buy - March 20, 2017
- Top Wearable Fitness Trackers In 2017 - March 19, 2017
- Should You Encrypt Entire Drive, Or Just Group Of Files – Pros And Cons - March 16, 2017
- Top 4 Much-Awaited Video Games Of 2017 - March 16, 2017
- Trump To Introduce Merit-Based Immigration System? - March 12, 2017