All times are UTC - 5 hours

RPG Game · RPG Shop · RPG Bank ·  RPG Ebay · RPG Farm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:09 pm 

Group:
Guests

Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked [ ]

Items

So, the opening sequence of Final Fantasy VIII. I dunno about you guys, but i actually think it was the BEST ever opening to ANY of the final fantasy games, (although ive only played from 7 onwards, but i did see the opening for 6)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmOv7q8GL94[/youtube]

Theres somthing about it that really interests me, as did the WHOLE game. Its so realistic compared to things we see in other FF's and its Epic like an actual MOVIE!... The battles in the Final Fantasy VII Movie were great. But they were TOO fantastical (although thats not a bad thing).

That fight between Seifer and Squall was great, they didnt jump really high or move really fast they just clashed their swords like any regular MOVIE. Although Siefer did cast fire against Squall, it wasnt too Fantastical.

I do wish they ALSO made a Tech Demo for the PS3 where they remade that opening, because in my opinion it was just brilliant... EVEN THE SOUNDTRACK FITTED IT PERFECTLY! Awesomeness... But anyways..

What does everyone else think?
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Last edited by Guest on Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:21 am 
Jenova Project
Jenova Project

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Group:
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:

Bank:
[ Donate ]
Class: Wizard Knight
Level: 48

Items
Thanksgiving Turkey Gift - Christmas Present 2006 Cotton Robe Small Shield Tonka Helmet
more...
Woot woot, *laughs and points at FFVII fans* hey I'm not the only one who prefers realistic Final Fantasy games after all. Yeah, I'm one of the FF fan who preferred realistic battles which can be performed by semi-mortal characters...instead of immortal characters who can dodge bullets and slash bikes and buildings.

About the display and animation, I think the best opening should go to FFXII's. Maybe due to the time and advanced improvement over graphics (unfair to compare with older versions) but so far the best opening is FFXII's...I think. :)

FF7 Comic - Chapter 3 Lucrecia & Vincent NEW!!
Trailer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:47 am 

Group:
Guests

Items

heh, yeah its a good opening, but i dunno, i just love that epic battle between seifer and squall, and considering that its 10 years old... its pretty damn good in comparison to todays videos... because it was a realistic step up from the FMV's from FFVII, because they actually made the characters look real rahter than 3d anime lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:00 am 

Group:
Guests

Items

daNGavster wrote:
because they actually made the characters look real rahter than 3d anime lol.

I agree with that completely. Today they know kids are obsessed with anime so they do their best to incorporate anime into these next generation games. You end up with 3d anime with half the guys super muscular and the majority of girls with their tits oversized and their panties showing.

What got me into this video when i first saw it was the realism of their age. I mean those two guys could be kids from your local highschool fighting it out. But hey now they're using funky swords and magic. You can't beat the trenchcoat and black leather looks either. That stuff just screams awesome.

Last edited by Guest on Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:11 am 
Jenova Project
Jenova Project

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Group:
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:

Bank:
[ Donate ]

Items
Thanksgiving Turkey Gift - Christmas Present 2006 Cotton Robe Small Shield Tonka Helmet
more...
Bobscrachy wrote:
Today they know kids are obsesses with anime so they do their best to incorporate anime into these next generation games.

That sentence are not meant for any sort of critism lol, what Bob meant is in general. ;) Even myself enjoys extreme actions (at this age) but when it comes to beyond fantasy I'll just pretend to love it lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:37 am 

Group:
Guests

Items

Bobscrachy wrote:
Today they know kids are obsesses with anime so they do their best to incorporate anime into these next generation games. You end up with 3d anime with half the guys super muscular and the majority of girls with their tits oversized and their panties showing.

I agree, they kinda try too hard with putting things that dont fit into games now days. Where as in FFVIII everything just seemed to have fit. nothing too extreme. Awesomeness indeed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:00 pm 

Group:
Guests

Items

Wow, I normally proof read my stuff, but ive been on benadryl the last few days fighting a cold. Sorry guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:06 pm 

Group:
Guests

Items

heh it dont matter, half the stuff people say on forums dosent make much sense anyway. xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:28 am 
Jenova Project
Jenova Project

Group:
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:

Bank:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
Put it together and we get one word = "spam" lol. Anyway, best opening sequence (in meaningful theme)...I think I'll go with FF Tactics. Thats the only opening FMV I went back to watch again while or after playing the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:33 am 
Elite Soldier

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Group:
Funender Garden
Rare Hunters
World Domination
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Vicar
Level: 29

Items
Cauldron Tip Secret 10 Sony 1080p 63inch HDTV Diet Soda Thanksgiving Turkey Gift - Christmas Present 2006
more...
i believe that the ff8 opening is the greatest opening of all time, for any game ever..seems to sum up the entire atmosphere and emotion the game delivers.

thanks yugi and renorocks :D

*FUNENDER MOVIE MAKER CHAMPION 2007*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSQ41NAQ0Dc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:02 am 

Group:
Guests

Items

Thats the spirit! Final Fantasy VIII for the WIN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:11 pm 
Jenova Project
Jenova Project

Group:
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:

Bank:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
The BGM song for the opening was awesome too, Liberi Fatali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:43 pm 

Group:
Guests

Items

yeah, the choir thing really sets off a fight like that. An epic battle :P with the orchestra. brilliant!

::UPDATE I HAVE NOW POSTED THE VIDEO AT THE START OF THE THREAD::

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:50 pm 
High Summoner

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Wizard
Level: 44

Items
White PSP Borg Assimilator Thanksgiving Turkey Gift - Christmas Present 2006 FFVIII Game For The PC
more...
Yeah, pretty, nice i must admit, i liked the opiening or the first FMV for final fantasy X with the heavy metal and blitz ball and *, i personally think that XII's wasnt all that cracked up to be though, i though although it looked impressive, i felt they were pouring all these things on you as is it were it were a sequel, it took me some time to figure out completly what was going on. but yeah VIII's opening really set it off, too bad there are so many people who hate ff VIII

In memory of tourettes guy....
"ARGH BOB SAGET!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:19 pm 

Group:
Guests

Items

honestly, i dont know who could HATE it... its an awesome game... even if it is different from some of the other FF's it is a VERY interesting game... i cant believe anyone could HATE it.