All times are UTC - 5 hours

RPG Game · RPG Shop · RPG Bank ·  RPG Ebay · RPG Farm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:55 pm 

Group:
Guests

Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked [ ]

Items

Hey all! I'm Dark Otaku (as you can see)

I'm currently writing an unnoficial ff8 novelization. I've written up to the part where Squall, Zell, Seifer, and Quistis are riding in the transport towards Balamb city, so far. Any *, suggestions, criticisms, ideas, or comments are greatly appreciated, and greatly rewarded! (with more chapters :P ...seriously, it's the positive * that keeps me going)

ff8novel.googlepages.com/home224 <-forums

I just got the forums up today, so there's no new members yet. Feel free to join, as I'm looking for members, and eventually will be looking for moderators. Also, if you register, it's a good way to keep track of the novel, when there's new updates and such.

Please tell me what you think, and please please please stay tuned, as updates will be frequent.

thanks a ton! :D
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:38 pm 
Ultima Weapon
Ultima Weapon

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Group:
Chocobo Trainers
Rare Hunters
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Warrior
Level: 69

Items
Award - Master Wizard Knight Cauldron Tip Secret 5 Gift - Christmas Present 2005 FFVIII Game For The PC Cauldron Tip Secret 10
more...
Well, try not doing advertising to other sites, I think that´s against the rules, but putting that away...

You have quite a nice idea, if you can upload it to some website so we could read it from here it would be really nice for us :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:14 pm 

Group:
Guests

Items

It's already on ff8novel.googlepages.com

plus, it's hardly advertising. One, I'm introducing myself, and plan to post regularly. Two, it's totally related to the site, and forum that I posted it in. Try thinking of it as a contribution to the ff8 fan community, instead of spam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:43 pm 
Ultima Weapon
Ultima Weapon

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Group:
Chocobo Trainers
Rare Hunters
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Warrior
Level: 69

Items
Award - Master Wizard Knight Cauldron Tip Secret 5 Gift - Christmas Present 2005 FFVIII Game For The PC Cauldron Tip Secret 10
more...
dark otaku wrote:
I just got the forums up today, so there's no new members yet. Feel free to join, as I'm looking for members, and eventually will be looking for moderators. Also, if you register, it's a good way to keep track of the novel, when there's new updates and such.

This is what I meant with advertising, I never said you spammed, since you never did so.

Sorry to forget welcoming you to the forums though :?

I will read your novel and see if I can give any suggestions; but I´m not really into writing, so I guess it will be just a newbie´s advice ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:10 pm 
Jenova Project
Jenova Project

Group:
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:

Bank:
[ Donate ]
Class: Wizard Knight
Level: 48

Items
Thanksgiving Turkey Gift - Christmas Present 2006 Cotton Robe Small Shield Tonka Helmet
more...
Well, you could post in bits of your works here in Writers Block if you like. Are you planning to put in some interesting side-stories inside your novel? I would really like to read those mysterious events like Laguna's true story, Ellone's mysterious power and Ultimecia's identity. :D

FF7 Comic - Chapter 3 Lucrecia & Vincent NEW!!
Trailer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:35 pm 

Group:
Guests

Items

SPOILER:

Ultimecia is Rhinoa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:08 pm 
Imaginative Poster

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Thief
Level: 37

Items
Cauldron Tip Secret 10 Thanksgiving Turkey Gift - Christmas Present 2006 Tifa's Lost Gloves Secret Chest
more...
dark otaku wrote:
SPOILER:

Ultimecia is Rhinoa.

Hm... I have doubts about that

Wanna join?

25.12.2007<---- Mastered the Sniper class
28.08.2007<---- Caught my first chocobo
Cocobos caught so far: 5 Image

I am not sellin' my rares 'cause I'm a collector so STOP ASKING!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:33 pm 
Fantasied

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Gladiator
Level: 16

Items
Tomato Hydraulic Fluid Defense Shield Leviathan Iron Armor
more...
im likeing the idea of an noval keep going bud

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:47 pm 
New Fan

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Swordsman
Level: 1

Items

it sounds good but if what he said about the Spoilers it seems a little out of the Cannon Story. sorry bro nice try but make it a FanFic not a True to the heart Novel. other than that AWESOME dude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:35 pm 
Jenova Project
Jenova Project

Group:
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:

Bank:
[ Donate ]
Class: Wizard Knight
Level: 48

Items
Thanksgiving Turkey Gift - Christmas Present 2006 Cotton Robe Small Shield Tonka Helmet
more...
The spoiler is true in a way, I mean from several prospectives and theories. They all can be proven through physics but since FFVIII game is considered an average RPG game with not that deep or complex storyline such as FFVII's...I don't think all the theories can be applied. ^^

But I myself second that spoiler, for me its true that Rinoa is *cough cough*. It would be a great story if the novel is written from the future (like how Rinoa changed to *cough cough*) and then there'll be the * to the storyline of the game itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:03 pm 
New Fan

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Swordsman
Level: 1

Items

ok now Payne that is Tight i would not lie see FFVIII was my fav so i like to see it not butchered but that sounds like a way to explain the story rather well.