Funender.com's Final Fantasy
It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


RPG Game · RPG Shop · RPG Bank ·  RPG Ebay · RPG Farm


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:56 pm 
Offline
True Fan

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:54 am
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Posts: 381
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Karma: 88

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
4,254,058.00
[ Donate ]
Class: Monk
Level: 3

Items
Wendigo Al Bhed Potion Spell - Flee Bronze Knife Mesh Glove
more...
Since this website provides a smaller amount of available characters in-post, I have posted the Review on an Invisionfree Forum that I run with two of my best friends.

Firstly -

This is in NO WAY a means to advertise my website. I can not STRESS enough that I mean NO harm by posting a link to my personal Forum.

STICK TO FUNENDER PEOPLE! It can offer MUCH more than any Forum out there.

----

For what matters, I must add that the Review is quite satirical and I do not mean to insult anyone in the process. Further advisement can be found in the following link attached to the Review itself.

It is meant simply as a PARODY with sensical points and remarks.

To read the Review, click HERE.

PS: I can not stress enough that I DO NOT MEAN TO ADVERTISE. I've already been warned once for missbehavior and I do not wish to be missunderstood as to be Warned once again.
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

_________________
Image


Last edited by Riku on Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:04 pm 
Offline
Avalanche Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:49 am
11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership
Posts: 2118
Location: Oregon
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Karma: 238

Group:
Item Warriors
Rare Hunters
Registered users

Cash on hand:
8,444.00
[ Donate ]
Class: Robot
Level: 1

Items
Thanksgiving Turkey Boss Item - Order Of Joining IPod Mini Advent Children DVD Protect Milk
more...
Your review is very...errr....colorful. I have to agree with you through most of it though, it just isn't a very well made game, period.

_________________
See, Crazed loves me!
crazed4now wrote:
whatever, you're dumb and i hate you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:12 pm 
Offline
True Fan

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:54 am
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Posts: 381
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Karma: 88

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
4,254,058.00
[ Donate ]
Class: Monk
Level: 3

Items
Wendigo Al Bhed Potion Spell - Flee Bronze Knife Mesh Glove
more...
cecil the paladin wrote:
Your review is very...errr....colorful. I have to agree with you through most of it though, it just isn't a very well made game, period.


*nod nod* Very badly executed. Final Fantasy XII is just FAIL on a jar.

And...what do you mean by colourful? o_o


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:54 pm 
Offline
Avalanche Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:49 am
11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership
Posts: 2118
Location: Oregon
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Karma: 238

Group:
Item Warriors
Rare Hunters
Registered users

Cash on hand:
8,444.00
[ Donate ]
Class: Robot
Level: 1

Items
Thanksgiving Turkey Boss Item - Order Of Joining IPod Mini Advent Children DVD Protect Milk
more...
Riku wrote:
And...what do you mean by colourful? o_o


You know, the language, very colorful. lol
There was a disclaimer though, so I can't complain. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:56 pm 
Offline
True Fan

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:54 am
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Posts: 381
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Karma: 88

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
4,254,058.00
[ Donate ]
Class: Monk
Level: 3

Items
Wendigo Al Bhed Potion Spell - Flee Bronze Knife Mesh Glove
more...
cecil the paladin wrote:

You know, the language, very colorful. lol
There was a disclaimer though, so I can't complain. ;)


Haha, quite. Oh well. The Review was intentionally made to be dissagreed with. Start an argument that'd lead people to realise the true aspect of the game. Nobody ever bothers REALLy saying how stuff is like in the game, and for that reason a lot of people still think it's a good instalment to the Final Fantasy series.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:55 am 
Offline
Tetra Elemental
Tetra Elemental
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:26 am
10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Posts: 20090
Location: Here, there and everywhere!
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Karma: 2313

Group:
Funender Garden
In Review
Item Warriors
Kindness Counts
Roleplayers
Two Heads, No Heart
Funender Support
Registered users

Cash on hand:
3,601.00

Bank:
12,889,859.00
[ Donate ]
Class: Monk
Level: 8

Items
Angel Tear Herbal Potion Fairy Tear Army Helmet Crystal Shield
more...
You know, I'm not going to comment the content of your review.

I will say, however, that this once again proves the fact that the only true reviewer you can trust... is yourself.
It's all a matter of opinion and experience of the game.

Riku wrote:
Nobody ever bothers REALLy saying how stuff is like in the game, and for that reason a lot of people still think it's a good instalment to the Final Fantasy series.


If people enjoy playing FFXII, then it is a good instalment of the series.

_________________
Image

Image

Image

Feel lost? In doubt? Look in the
FAQ!

pinataheart wrote:
That may just be because you are the head of the Funender Garden, and I played 2 professor characters, so you seem like my boss now permanently in my mind. XD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:52 am 
Offline
True Fan

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:54 am
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Posts: 381
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Karma: 88

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
4,254,058.00
[ Donate ]
Class: Monk
Level: 3

Items
Wendigo Al Bhed Potion Spell - Flee Bronze Knife Mesh Glove
more...
Cim Trifius wrote:
I will say, however, that this once again proves the fact that the only true reviewer you can trust... is yourself.


No, not at all. When something is bad, it's bad. Point of view has nothing to do with it. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is not a fact, it's a very flowery opinion made up by physically unfortunate people to feel better. If the game is bad, it's bad, and no "beholder" is going to magically make it look good, when it clearly is not. You are right that you can only trust yourself as a reviewer, but fact remains that -I- provided reasons for why the game thoroughly Phails, whereas you... can not prove my points wrong. Period. I rest my case.

Cim Trifius wrote:
If people enjoy playing FFXII, then it is a good instalment of the series.


Once again, no. Not at all. If people enjoy playing FFXII then they either don't have anything else to enjoy, or they preffer one kind of RPG that is NOT natural to the actual series.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:47 pm 
Offline
Tetra Elemental
Tetra Elemental
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:26 am
10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Posts: 20090
Location: Here, there and everywhere!
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Karma: 2313

Group:
Funender Garden
In Review
Item Warriors
Kindness Counts
Roleplayers
Two Heads, No Heart
Funender Support
Registered users

Cash on hand:
3,601.00

Bank:
12,889,859.00
[ Donate ]
Class: Monk
Level: 8

Items
Angel Tear Herbal Potion Fairy Tear Army Helmet Crystal Shield
more...
Riku... you cannot put it like that. Because that would only prove you think your word is a rule, a thing we should all accept as a fact.

Your "reasons" are YOUR opinions and not a fact to others. You can say you dislike the game or that it sucks, but it's still only your opinion. Why do you think all the reviews found on the internet and in magazines sometimes are vastly different? Because people have different ideas of what is good and what is bad... some reviewers even say "I always hate when a game does this or that" and that is a personal approach on the matter.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:49 pm 
Offline
True Fan

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:54 am
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Posts: 381
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Karma: 88

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
4,254,058.00
[ Donate ]
Class: Monk
Level: 3

Items
Wendigo Al Bhed Potion Spell - Flee Bronze Knife Mesh Glove
more...
Cim Trifius wrote:
Riku... you cannot put it like that. Because that would only prove you think your word is a rule, a thing we should all accept as a fact.

Your "reasons" are YOUR opinions and not a fact to others. You can say you dislike the game or that it sucks, but it's still only your opinion. Why do you think all the reviews found on the internet and in magazines sometimes are vastly different? Because people have different ideas of what is good and what is bad... some reviewers even say "I always hate when a game does this or that" and that is a personal approach on the matter.


No no no, you missunderstand me. I do understand your point, but what I said was that I -Provided- evidence to why the game would hypothetically suck, whereas you did not provide any evidence that what I said was effectively wrong. I couldn't care less what other people think or not about the game. All that matters to me is I hate it, and, -AS STATED IN THE REVIEW MORE THAN ONCE- the whole bit was comical, satirical, meant for people who have the mental maturity to be able to laugh at their own preferences. I do not mean to impose my ideas as rule whatsoever, and I stated it in the review in itself. The person speaking in that review is a character, and if you've read through the Review, as one would normally do, you would see that I admited that, and I quote: "Some parts of the review are exagerated for comical purposes and should not be taken seriously", but, alas, the fact STILL remains that me/the character provided substancial evidence of the game's flaws, and by all means, if you can prove me wrong about any of the points that I have made in the Review, I want to hear them. Very much so.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:24 pm 
Offline
Tetra Elemental
Tetra Elemental
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:26 am
10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Posts: 20090
Location: Here, there and everywhere!
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Karma: 2313

Group:
Funender Garden
In Review
Item Warriors
Kindness Counts
Roleplayers
Two Heads, No Heart
Funender Support
Registered users

Cash on hand:
3,601.00

Bank:
12,889,859.00
[ Donate ]
Class: Monk
Level: 8

Items
Angel Tear Herbal Potion Fairy Tear Army Helmet Crystal Shield
more...
Riku wrote:

No no no, you missunderstand me. I do understand your point, but what I said was that I -Provided- evidence to why the game would hypothetically suck, whereas you did not provide any evidence that what I said was effectively wrong.


It appears we misunderstood each other, then. I never talked about your review, I didn't even comment on it in the first place. However, you gave me a reason to respond, when you said this;

Riku wrote:
If the game is bad, it's bad, and no "beholder" is going to magically make it look good, when it clearly is not.


There is no such thing as "If a thing is bad, it's bad." To you, it may be bad. To others, it may be good. That is a personal opinion!
To you, the game sucks. Yes, and I respect that. But to many, many others it is a great game.
You can provide all the evidence you want, but it'll always be your view on features in the game. Features, which other people have either praised or hated, like you did. So why should I even bother prove you wrong on your personal opinion? I know what I think about the game, you know what you think about it. Let's stick to that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:36 pm 


Karma:

Group:
Guests

Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked [ ]

Items

its true that FFXII has it flaws but im with cimmy on this...im not going to read the review since i played the game and i know what i like and what i dont, i can review it for myself and dont need other ppls opinions...however i cant agree with what you said either....

the "If a thing is bad, it's bad." ...thats not true....i will agree to that if you point me to an official objective statement of what is bad that everyone agrees with and how it applies on the game...things like good or bad are matters of a subject not object therefore that statement is not true

i personaly enjoyed the game...tho the licence board sucks big time...but overal its not THAT bad...you cant have all FFs the same, they have to evolve, change...i played the very first ff games too and tbh im really glad they started changing because having the same system over and over becomes repetitive and kinda boring...


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:22 am 
Offline
Advent Child
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:24 am
9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Posts: 1023
Location: China, baby!
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Karma: 153

Group:
Sakura no Ai
Registered users

Cash on hand:
9,404.00
[ Donate ]
Class: Ninja
Level: 38

Items
Fairy Tear Angel Tear God Tear Elixir Mimett Green
more...
I liked the game. I don't want to f*cking overanalyse every game I play. It was by no means the best FF game, I won't claim that. But Cim is right. If people enjoy it it's a good game.

_________________
Image

Sergeant Randos of the Brotherhood!
Image
Image

Visit my blog for going to China!
Here


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:44 am 


Karma:

Group:
Guests

Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked [ ]

Items

XD lol watch your language :P but yeah there is no need to bash the game so much and try to convince other ppl that you are right when everyone can form his/her own opinion wether they like it or not


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:40 am 
Offline
Advent Child
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:24 am
9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Posts: 1023
Location: China, baby!
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Karma: 153

Group:
Sakura no Ai
Registered users

Cash on hand:
9,404.00
[ Donate ]
Class: Ninja
Level: 38

Items
Fairy Tear Angel Tear God Tear Elixir Mimett Green
more...
Sorry Shandy... I got carried away...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:30 pm 
Offline
Avalanche Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:49 am
11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership
Posts: 2118
Location: Oregon
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Karma: 238

Group:
Item Warriors
Rare Hunters
Registered users

Cash on hand:
8,444.00
[ Donate ]
Class: Robot
Level: 1

Items
Thanksgiving Turkey Boss Item - Order Of Joining IPod Mini Advent Children DVD Protect Milk
more...
To be honest, I miss the turn based battle system. It worked, and there was really no reason to change it.
This new battle system actually made me bored, as there was a limited amount of monsters in the area, and a few super ones in every area that you wouldn't be able to kill for a long while.

The game is just too dis balanced, and leveling, thanks to the new battle system, is freaking boring. And as we have covered, the license board sucks, a lot.

The fact that the game can fight your battles for you gives you even less reason to play the game. When you can turn on gambits for everybody, you the end up having to do nothing in the face of battle. When the computer can do everything for me, why would I want to do anything? Basically, challenge ceases to exist in many parts of the game.

The game in general was a good idea, but in my opinion was very poorly executed. You could hand me FF I - FF X (not including the side games, ex: Crisis Core), and I would stay interested until the end. Hand me FF XII, and I may stay interested for about 10 minutes at a time.

In conclusion, I don't like it, and never will.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Sponsored by: UK Dedicated Servers


phpBB SEO