Funender.com's Final Fantasy
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

RPG Game · RPG Shop · RPG Bank ·  RPG Ebay · RPG Farm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:14 pm 
Mako Clone

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Group:
Justice Knights
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Thief
Level: 3

Items
Bizzare Horn Spray Can Blind Pain Herbal Test Tube FFVII Game For The PC
more...
The people that think of noob as a bad thing.
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:44 pm 
Advent Child

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Group:
Justice Knights
Roleplayers
World Domination
Advent Children
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Level: 36

Items
Rumbling Sea Chilled Response Apollo Justice Sword Fairy Powder
more...
the WORD noob or the people who think the people are noobs are bad??

"Watashi wa omoide niwa naranai sa."
Haine's new obsession: Haine's beloved (^o^)
Haine's Status: bored...
Updates: noone lol
Haine's Show New episode coming soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:45 pm 
Mako Clone

Group:
Justice Knights
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Level: 3

Items
Bizzare Horn Spray Can Blind Pain Herbal Test Tube FFVII Game For The PC
more...
Ummm the word noob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:53 pm 
Advent Child

Group:
Justice Knights
Roleplayers
World Domination
Advent Children
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Level: 36

Items
Rumbling Sea Chilled Response Apollo Justice Sword Fairy Powder
more...
mmm well Haine thinks it not a nice word since seeing how people use it and it always follows a mean comment with it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:01 am 

Group:
Guests

Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked [ ]

Items

i love the word noob it splits ups the experience players from the newish players to any game that you play. It like saying someone is a rookie at something but at the end of the day ur not a noob or rookie that long

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:20 pm 

Group:
Guests

Items

Thorlord wrote:
i've played this game
i frankly was offended, im a final fantasy fan and this game was almost completely unrelated to the FF series.

why?
well in FFXI the story is HORRIBLE, often times you have to grind just to go to the next area to grind again. your missions are near pointless (protect the allies nations gem, then steal it... whaaaaat??)

the FF games are all about the story and an epic adventure.. FFXI is nothing like that at all.

Though if you are a hardcore FF fan, and dont mind playing a Rushed MMO that has little to do with final fantasy except for the name and classes, go right ahead, there are better alternatives though..

if you ARE going to play an MMO play World of warcraft, its better, and is much more enjoyable.. if you hate monthly fee's get Guild Wars.

really there are hundreds of alternatives, just look around.

Jesus christ! Man sounds like your either not a FF fan at all or your just a idiot. Dont talk badly about a game if you dont even know what your talking about. You havnt even seen the story why...Cause you probably didnt even play it long enough. And it has nothing to do with FF story at all? Same for ALL FF games moron, for the expeption of X and X-2. All FF have different story line and only thing they have in common are the names and classes ect. Thats why FF is so popular there all unique...
If anyone listened to this idiot then you are being miss led.

Btw.. I like WoW aswell a very fun game ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:02 pm 

Group:
Guests

Items

I rally like this game it's not very hard. I like it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:12 am 

Group:
Guests

Items

I'm sorry. Did you just compare FFXI graphics to WoW? They are in no comparison similar. They are 2 different things. As far as I can tell WoW is more like Everquest 2 when you set the quality to extremem performance. The reason FFXI doesn't have graphic like Everquest 2's High Quality is because they designed it for the PS2 and the Computer. Having the limitations of the ps2 made it so that they are not able to do everything they could have.

I do find it offensive to how you talk about the game, when you only played for 2 months. That is not nearly long enough to get anything really done. I suppose you just leveled up to 10 walked around trying to party. Then proceeded to Valkrum Dunes, where you died 10 times and gave up the game because you couldn't handle it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:44 pm 

Group:
Guests

Items

^ ww the dunes. . .
this game is anything but a rush mmo,
almost everyone who left ffxi to play WOW have come back because they already got bored with it.
yes, graphics are not as good becuase it was made for PS2 as well.

what rank were you anyways, do you know there are so many different story lines in ffxi?
3 cities, Sandoria, Bastok, Windurst rank 1-10 which take a long time is all a story line.
All the Expansions also have a seperate story inside them..

killing cute critters? have you ever seen a behemoth in game? or any gods? promys , if you've seen sky / sea then you know that its not just a grind fest.
traveling to new area and seeing everything for the first time is really fun itself.

btw sandoria story the best >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:05 am 

Group:
Guests

Items

Thorlord wrote:
i've played this game
i frankly was offended, im a final fantasy fan and this game was almost completely unrelated to the FF series.

why?
well in FFXI the story is HORRIBLE, often times you have to grind just to go to the next area to grind again. your missions are near pointless (protect the allies nations gem, then steal it... whaaaaat?)

the FF games are all about the story and an epic adventure.. FFXI is nothing like that at all.

Though if you are a hardcore FF fan, and dont mind playing a Rushed MMO that has little to do with final fantasy except for the name and classes, go right ahead, there are better alternatives though..

if you ARE going to play an MMO play World of warcraft, its better, and is much more enjoyable.. if you hate monthly fee's get Guild Wars.

really there are hundreds of alternatives, just look around.

Yeah, okay buddy, the one magnet that got me to play this game was that it was so related to the classic FF series, by means of the crystal war, and the classes and skills and such, the story, (I heard first hand) from people who actually played the entire story, is thrilling and just as good as any other FF, although, this game is online so there is much more to do then just follow the story, so how about you get past the fact that it doesn't have gleaming towns and insatiable characters and open your mind to a new idea. And for those of you who don't buy the game becuase of him, then that's pretty sad, experience it first hand, and really try at it, it's not dumbed down to the point where you have to rely on lame quests to level up (ahheem...world of warcrap) FFXI is a new approach to the FF series in alot of ways though it really throws us back to the good old days of classes and jobs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:31 am 

Group:
Guests

Items

aye probably one of my favorite features of FFXI is the dragoon job. truly a fine job to hold with the most freedom for versatility then any other job. this game doesnt get you bored of it because you have to work at things to achieve them and when you do u actually accomplish something you actually have something to feel proud of. like becoming a great blacksmith,or clothcraftsman, or fisherman, or hunter,or farmer,or just a general protector of new players. or the fact that you can activley raise a chocobo,grow its food and take care of it to someday race it and have it sleep with other ppls chocobos. its all about how u play and who your friends are

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:52 pm 
Chocobo Raiser

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Sniper
Level: 17

Items
Attack Burst Power Brace Royal Circlet Camouflage Kit Phoenix Down
more...
hell yes its great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:40 am 
Ultima Weapon
Ultima Weapon

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Group:
A World of Cultures
AWOL
Forever Night
Funender Garden
HellBlazers
In Review
Kindness Counts
Sakura no Ai
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Sniper
Level: 18

Items
Phoenix Down Homing Arrow Shield Brace Dragon Robe Antidote
more...
Probably the biggest error with XI was that you needed a party of at least 4 to do any real damage and sometimes those are a serious pain to get. Still though the game wasnt like painful to play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:16 pm 
Advent Child

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Mage Knight
Level: 1

Items
Tree Branch Trashcan Lid Tonka Helmet Cotton Robe Brumos Repel
more...
O_O, I think the downfall of the game is its being on the internet. >_< Some computers are just so slow! -__-' And it costed so much. *pout*

<_<' Parents wouldn't let me get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:14 pm 
Avalanche Member

Group:
Kindness Counts
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Paladin
Level: 31

Items
Bizzare Horn Gift - Christmas Present 2005 Paycheck Cauldron Tip Secret 8 Huge Umbrella
more...
Id rather see this thread lock than seeing each other call idiots n stuff, the guy is making his point dont go calling him idiot if you dont like it alastor, specially if you didnt discuss it with him in the thread. i know fans protect the things they like like they were sacred, but thats a bit exagerated.

a morpg is that, a rushing game were u do a lot of lvling and frankly quests are mostly morronic. I havent played FF XI, and i havent played wow either but i heard good stuff.

from the point of view of FF i get your point thor, i never played it but if what you say is correct, then i guess they could have done a better work at it.

Thor was talking about RO when he said killing cute kriters, reading between lines is kinda dangerous :P

ps: NOOB is a vulgar word, its the vulgar way of saying newbie rockie or begginer. Haine you were right you should have just bitten boqzt

just joking boqzt ;)

One recomendation (sorry i dont, read the edit), SilkRoad. Yhea its not perfect, in fact i dont play it anymore, but its about one of the bests right now, the graphics are beautyfull and the sound too, the skills and battlesystem are alright. And the main catch of the game, the Thief Trader Hunter system is just awesome. The real only downside is the quests system, its sort of complementary but its kind of boring and not very optional.

EDIT: on the downside i DONT RECOMEND IT =S, yeah u heard me, i remembered the downside why i stoped playing, its like a single player, nothing comes out of killing in groups, worse, the game promotes not ksing or pking or killing in parties. instead its all about the merchant system (wich is great and includes PKING and PARTIES but its not about lvling, its about making money)

so like, there is no point to the game

Manowar - Dark Avenger
Burning and destruccion. Raping the daughters and the wives!~

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next