Funender.com's Final Fantasy
It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

RPG Game · RPG Shop · RPG Bank ·  RPG Ebay · RPG Farm

Post subject: is this game any good?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:11 pm 
Avalanche Member

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Knight
Level: 10

Items
Detoxify Spell - Heal Dao Phoenix Down Brumos Repel
more...
i was thinking of bying this game but many of my friends said it sucked and wasent waorth it. any1 think its waorth bying?
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:14 pm 
Advent Child

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Group:
Justice Knights
Roleplayers
World Domination
Advent Children
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Thief
Level: 36

Items
Rumbling Sea Chilled Response Apollo Justice Sword Fairy Powder
more...
well, depends if the monthly paying for connection was so pricey I'd buy it. But besides the price like the game itself, I think its worth it cause its more interresting to play with people and the graphics look great

"Watashi wa omoide niwa naranai sa."
Haine's new obsession: Haine's beloved (^o^)
Haine's Status: bored...
Updates: noone lol
Haine's Show New episode coming soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:54 am 

Group:
Guests

Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked [ ]

Items

im going to buy it if i dont have to pay in the connection every month..i dont have job and my parents will not going to pay it...So if you can pay the every month payment you should buy this game...Playing with other people in the game are extremely fun..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:38 pm 
True RPG Fan

Group:
World Domination
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Hero
Level: 22

Items
Bizzare Horn Antidote Gift - Christmas Present 2005 FFVII Game For The PC Brumos Repel
more...
i've played this game
i frankly was offended, im a final fantasy fan and this game was almost completely unrelated to the FF series.

why?
well in FFXI the story is HORRIBLE, often times you have to grind just to go to the next area to grind again. your missions are near pointless (protect the allies nations gem, then steal it... whaaaaat??)

the FF games are all about the story and an epic adventure.. FFXI is nothing like that at all.

Though if you are a hardcore FF fan, and dont mind playing a Rushed MMO that has little to do with final fantasy except for the name and classes, go right ahead, there are better alternatives though..

if you ARE going to play an MMO play World of warcraft, its better, and is much more enjoyable.. if you hate monthly fee's get Guild Wars.

really there are hundreds of alternatives, just look around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:57 pm 
Elite Soldier

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Wizard Knight
Level: 33

Items
Gift - Christmas Present 2005 Thanksgiving Turkey Gift - Christmas Present 2006 Protect Milk Power Water
more...
woow you really dont like it do you....that's an eye opener.. thanks..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:27 pm 
Avalanche Member

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Knight
Level: 10

Items
Detoxify Spell - Heal Dao Phoenix Down Brumos Repel
more...
well now i see that thisgame sucks... guess i wont buy it lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:56 pm 
True RPG Fan

Group:
World Domination
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
Bizzare Horn Antidote Gift - Christmas Present 2005 FFVII Game For The PC Brumos Repel
more...
glad i saved somone some money =)

if you do want to try an MMO some offer 14 day trials

look around. MMO's are addicting, for about 3 months. then you switch and its addicting all over again =)

well thats for me anyhow. i stopped playing WoW not because it wasent a good game (it is an AMAZING game) but because i've done everything (played it for over a year. was in Beta Phase 1 which lasted 9 months)

IF you dont have any money and want to play for longer than 14 days.. sign up for game betas.. MMO's change some from beta to game. but the concept is always the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:11 pm 
Advent Child

Group:
Justice Knights
Roleplayers
World Domination
Advent Children
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
ne ne Thor, how was the graphics in the game though? for FFXI?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:22 pm 

Group:
Guests

Items

Yeah, I haven't gotten FF XI because I really don't want to have to pay the monthly fee...espeically since I'm on a 56k modem. The game would be utterly pointless to try to play.

The only MMO that I play is Guild Wars because it's free, so it's not as bad having to play on 56k. It's a fun game too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:25 pm 
Advent Child

Group:
Justice Knights
Roleplayers
World Domination
Advent Children
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
is Guild Wars like umm diablo and such?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:07 pm 

Group:
Guests

Items

Uhhhmmm....maybe. I've never played it. You can visit the Guild Wars Website for more information.

I can provide you with information too, I'm just not entirely sure of what you wanna know.

Last edited by Guest on Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:13 pm 
Advent Child

Group:
Justice Knights
Roleplayers
World Domination
Advent Children
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
lol I mean like the battle systems and the graphics lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:18 pm 
True RPG Fan

Group:
World Domination
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
the graphics are alright.. they are oudated though and newer games such as guildwars and WoW and even EQ2 have better graphics.

but graphics are a hard issue because its all about style so i recommend checking out the offical website for screenshots. then compare them with the games i mentioned.

this game was made in 2001 (in japan, or was it 2002.... hrmmm) and the graphics have stayed at about the same level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:22 pm 
True RPG Fan

Group:
World Domination
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
hehe.. actually i played a game before FFXI called Ragnarok Online.. which has "Cutesy" graphics, but i consiter it closer to a Final Fantasy MMO than FFXI.

it just feels more like it, its much easier to learn, you are not overwhelmed and the skill system is done well.. check it out (google it, i cant remember the URL for the webpage)

i played it for 2 months and left because i was tired of killing cute critters. shortly after i played FFXI. its strange i just realized that i played these two MMO's right after each other.

Also note that no MMO is turn baised.. FFXI is realtime and so is Ragnarok Online. there was one Turn Baised MMO that i played for the sheer fact that it was in beta and was free to play.. called "Fairy Land" or something... addicting, but betas were free and when you want to play a free mmo you will be very desperate. (even more cutesy than Ragnarok Online)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:46 pm 
Advent Child

Group:
Justice Knights
Roleplayers
World Domination
Advent Children
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
lol Haine likes cutesy things.... lol that's why I give people nicknames lol

I've seen the graphics for Ragnorok and I want to play it but I just don't have the time yet lol

I've also seen the screens for FFXI but you know when playing and just looking at pictures are a different feel so I just wanted to know what a person who's actually played the game feels lol