Funender.com's Final Fantasy
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

RPG Game · RPG Shop · RPG Bank ·  RPG Ebay · RPG Farm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:41 am 
Advent Child

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Mage Knight
Level: 1

Items
Tree Branch Trashcan Lid Tonka Helmet Cotton Robe Brumos Repel
more...
Silent Samamander wrote:
I liked this game...

Awh. For some reason I thought that was really cute.
It could've been better. That's all. <3
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:05 am 
Advent Child

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Group:
Sakura no Ai
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Ninja
Level: 38

Items
Fairy Tear Angel Tear God Tear Elixir Mimett Green
more...
Well thankyou, you just brightened up my day! Well, that and it's 2 days til Christmas. And don't get me wrong, this wasn't VII or X, but I think it was a good game! Just my opinion. It sure as hell wasn't X-2 either.

Sergeant Randos of the Brotherhood!

Visit my blog for going to China!
Here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:39 pm 
Ragnarok
Ragnarok

Group:
AWOL
HellBlazers
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Hero
Level: 17

Items
Herbal Pill Gift - Christmas Present 2007 Free T-Shirt Recovery Herb Bizzare Horn
more...
It just dissapointed me because they stole alot of the plot from Star Wars (didn't realize it until I watched the original trilogy a couple days ago) An evil empire, a resistance fighting against it, a princess that needs to be rescued and was a part of the resistance who's kingdom has been ripped apart (in the game its more figuratively than literally), Vayne is the FF equivalent of Palpatine and Gabranth is Vader, Basch is Han Solo which makes Fran Chewy...and I think Basch is more Luke Skywalker than Vaan (Who is the main character and is just along for the ride)

EDIT: but I like that they tried to switch up the battle system even though all you had to do was set up gambits and walk around (they made a game for the incredibly lazy)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:23 am 
Advent Child

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
Tifa16 wrote:
It just dissapointed me because they stole alot of the plot from Star Wars (didn't realize it until I watched the original trilogy a couple days ago) An evil empire, a resistance fighting against it, a princess that needs to be rescued and was a part of the resistance who's kingdom has been ripped apart (in the game its more figuratively than literally), Vayne is the FF equivalent of Palpatine and Gabranth is Vader, Basch is Han Solo which makes Fran Chewy...and I think Basch is more Luke Skywalker than Vaan (Who is the main character and is just along for the ride)

EDIT: but I like that they tried to switch up the battle system even though all you had to do was set up gambits and walk around (they made a game for the incredibly lazy)

Actually, when you look on a lot of stories and games in history, a lot of them have that same main plot. It's just as common as a story with a war in it.

...what story and world doesn't have some sort of war?

I think what XII was trying to do is go back to a more European kind of setting, and go back to the crystals, and go back to the damsel in distress. After Yuna (as sad as it is to say) took the main character role in X-2, it's more of a good thing that they changed the way they did.

Plus! Gambits can be made to make your game more fun. I took gambits off of my main character and fought by myself. That was actually more fun then setting my controller down and letting my characters have their way.

XII could have been better, yes. But let's not count it down as the worst FF out there. That title belongs to X-2 without a doubt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:01 am 
Ragnarok
Ragnarok

Group:
AWOL
HellBlazers
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
Herbal Pill Gift - Christmas Present 2007 Free T-Shirt Recovery Herb Bizzare Horn
more...
Definitely they didn't even try anything new with x-2. At least with XII they were trying a different approach at the gameplay and battle system which will probably end up being improved in XIII (Which I'm looking forward to playing). Even XI was something different but I can't judge that one since I haven't played it at all and I don't want to play it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:43 pm 
Advent Child

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
Yes. As far as I'm concerned XII's still up there with the other FFs. Though it's not typical of the FF series, that's what makes it able to stand well on its own. It shouldn't be discredited so easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:30 pm 
Fantasied

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Swordsman

Items

Tifa16 wrote:
Definitely they didn't even try anything new with x-2. At least with XII they were trying a different approach at the gameplay and battle system which will probably end up being improved in XIII .

Yep I agree with you Buddy. BY far they have introduced ADB(active dimension battle) ,a cross between RTB system and ATB's time meter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:49 pm 
Ragnarok
Ragnarok

Group:
AWOL
HellBlazers
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
I honestly can't want to see Thirteen...I'm sure they'll improve on the stuff they were trying out in twelve...and I just wish that I owned a next gen console

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:27 am 
True Fan

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Thief
Level: 4

Items
Tree Branch Trashcan Lid Tonka Helmet Cotton Robe Medical Herb
more...
speaking of XIII, i'm currently using FF XIII wallpaper on my laptop. Im sure the game will be as cool as the wallpaper 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:53 am 
Ragnarok
Ragnarok

Group:
AWOL
HellBlazers
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
Though I'm not sure about the other two FFXIIIs that are coming out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:41 pm 
True Fan

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
well yeah, too bad that i wont be expecting anything much from it coz i dont possess any of the latest gaming console :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:30 pm 
Jenova Project
Jenova Project

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Group:
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:

Bank:
[ Donate ]
Class: Wizard Knight
Level: 48

Items
Thanksgiving Turkey Gift - Christmas Present 2006 Cotton Robe Small Shield Tonka Helmet
more...
Michael wrote:
BY far they have introduced ADB(active dimension battle) ,a cross between RTB system and ATB's time meter.

Oh, this is something new to me. Cool. Maybe the battle system will be like the one in Tales series?

FF7 Comic - Chapter 3 Lucrecia & Vincent NEW!!
Trailer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:15 pm 
True Fan

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
not too sure but tales battle system are my fav. :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:37 pm 
New Fan

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Swordsman

Items

Michael wrote:
Yep I agree with you Buddy. BY far they have introduced ADB(active dimension battle) ,a cross between RTB system and ATB's time meter.

Active dimension Battle system has everything in it. When an action is selected, the character assigned to perform the task, reacts and performs it whenever the target is within the reach of range. It is supported by a menu that can be pulled out at any time for use

:lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:03 am 
Master Caster

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Group:
Kindness Counts
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Warrior
Level: 5

Items
Baseball Glove Tree Branch Plastic Mask Cotton Robe Magic Hacks
more...
i thought it as ......ok i guess....i agree though with all peoples opinions....squaresoft was alot more clever.....but meh....whats done is done..some like it...some hate it...i hated the random battle stuff..so i sorta enjoyed the active dimension battle system...to a certain extent...after awhile...u were overpowered and BAM! one hit, everything dies....wow..how excellent :roll...and taking hours upon hours to get a certain piece of loot from 1 monster...to make a item..that wont really help u in the long run...wow nice idea

-Wesker from Resident Evil 5