Funender.com's Final Fantasy
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

RPG Game · RPG Shop · RPG Bank ·  RPG Ebay · RPG Farm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you like the Viera?
Yes 86%  86%  [ 18 ]
No 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 21
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:18 pm 
True Fan

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Monk
Level: 3

Items
Wendigo Al Bhed Potion Spell - Flee Bronze Knife Mesh Glove
more...
Well, you'll like it. It's quite challenging at some points and it allows you to finally have to THINK a little to play a Final Fantasy game. The Laws concept is a great challenge.
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:05 pm 
Jenova Project
Jenova Project

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Wizard Knight
Level: 74

Items
Ridge Racer Game Brumos Phone Card Protect Milk Door To Tomorrow FL Studio
more...
That sounds pretty fun, gotta try it. It'd be nice to play a final fantasy game where the main story wasnt pathetically easy to get through.

Lord J wrote:
My guess is that it's either lipstick or the blood of some small animal...or child. :twisted

er... that would probably just be you... unless you have a cult now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm 
Ultima Weapon
Ultima Weapon

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Group:
In Review
Rare Hunters
Sakura no Ai
Vanya's Army
Registered users

Cash on hand:

Bank:
[ Donate ]
Class: Thief
Level: 33

Items
Gift - Christmas Present 2007 Command Materia Door To Tomorrow FL Studio Bright Honey
more...
Some of the laws in the original Tactics Advanced were ridiculous. Especially if you got one where you weren't allowed to harm Viera or some other race when the people you were fighting had that particular race in their party. I think the punishment's were ridiculous as well. I prefer the law system of FFTA 2 where the only punishment is a loss of the starting bonus and it won't allow you to revive your people when they die.

Arc wrote:
i can see lj possibly really finding excitement in killing or torturing someone

square_fan wrote:
Like Robin Williams once said.."I haven't seen LJ around in awhile....WTF IS HE PLANNING?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:58 pm 
True Fan

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
Lord J wrote:
Some of the laws in the original Tactics Advanced were ridiculous. Especially if you got one where you weren't allowed to harm Viera or some other race when the people you were fighting had that particular race in their party. I think the punishment's were ridiculous as well. I prefer the law system of FFTA 2 where the only punishment is a loss of the starting bonus and it won't allow you to revive your people when they die.

Some of the Laws were ridiculous, granted. But that's the particular challenge. I'm a MegaTen player. Do you see ME enjoying easy RPGs? Easy RPGs are for people who don't want to bother using their heads. Some of the Laws sounds pretty farfetched, and sometimes very handicapping, but that's the whole point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:05 pm 
Fantasied

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Swordsman
Level: 1

Items

I understand were you are coming from Tifa, but the way I saw it was that it's a cutural thing. Like a lot of Americans look at the greeks naked sculpters and say "WOH! It's naked! That's dirty!" But they really didn't think anything of it. Same with the viera. They are a different culture. We do different things with different meanings behind them. What matters is whether or not their is respect behind it. As long as Fran isn't going around disrespecting her body and turns herself into an object ONLY for sex and nothing else ("just like... AHEM... *Cough* Paris Hilton") then I have a problem with it. But in the game Fran is a very respectable, admireble, strong willed, beautiful character. Therefore I have nothing against her dressing in such a way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:56 am 
Ragnarok
Ragnarok

Group:
A World of Cultures
Forever Night
Roleplayers
Sakura no Ai
Two Heads, No Heart
World Domination
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Hero
Level: 17

Items
Besaid Sword Iron Helmet Herbal Pill Antidote Dark Mirror
more...
Janneson hit the nail on the head there i think

Arc wrote:
HE HAS RISE FROM THE DEAD!
...jesus?o.0
jesus got mad bass playing skills XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:32 pm 
True Fan

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
Janneson wrote:
I understand were you are coming from Tifa, but the way I saw it was that it's a cutural thing. Like a lot of Americans look at the greeks naked sculpters and say "WOH! It's naked! That's dirty!" But they really didn't think anything of it. Same with the viera. They are a different culture. We do different things with different meanings behind them. What matters is whether or not their is respect behind it. As long as Fran isn't going around disrespecting her body and turns herself into an object ONLY for sex and nothing else ("just like... AHEM... *Cough* Paris Hilton") then I have a problem with it. But in the game Fran is a very respectable, admireble, strong willed, beautiful character. Therefore I have nothing against her dressing in such a way.

I see what you mean, but this can not be considered a valid statement (of sorts) for two things.

1 - The Viera culture does not exist

2 - The man that drew the Viera concepts had his own culture, and it wasn't the Viera's

IN-GAME, the Viera are probably not even looked twice at for their clothing, but Ivalice doesn't exist, and the effects of the Viera's sex appeal on boys (and girls ;) ) is still the same.

EVERY piece of revealing clothing is meant to add sex-appeal. Seen as the game is meant to be played by teenagers and whatnot, it is no more than a prefference OR a simple marketing strike.
It is the same with anime. There's always got to be stockings, french-maids and highschool outfits. Why? Watch Hentai, and look for the sort of clothing used. Do the math.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:40 pm 
Ragnarok
Ragnarok

Group:
AWOL
HellBlazers
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
Herbal Pill Gift - Christmas Present 2007 Free T-Shirt Recovery Herb Bizzare Horn
more...
Janneson has a valid point about the cultural thing but Riku has disproved that theory because the Viera don't exist and I'm over the it because personally I don't care anymore now I see its not a big deal because complaining won't change the fact that the only really good RPGs will have half naked girls because they're geared towards teenage boys so I don't really care anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:08 am 
Ragnarok
Ragnarok

Group:
A World of Cultures
Forever Night
Roleplayers
Sakura no Ai
Two Heads, No Heart
World Domination
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
Besaid Sword Iron Helmet Herbal Pill Antidote Dark Mirror
more...
the viera culture dosent exist but the japanese does and the concepts were done by japanese people who are far less pretentious about nudity than we are

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:33 pm 
True Fan

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
dragon523 wrote:
the viera culture dosent exist but the japanese does and the concepts were done by japanese people who are far less pretentious about nudity than we are

Quite. But wether people have realised or not, even though the Japanese culture has certain aspects to it, IT IS NOT LIKE IN ANIME. Hundreds, no, thousands of idiots actually think Japanese act the way Anime characters do, when a lot of Japanese people don't even appreciate Anime.

Japanese culture is not THAT different when it comes to nudity and/or clothing style than western just because they have public baths and Visual Kei.

So there is a lot of teenish-attraction girls in Japanese games. So what? Americans have the Bunny Ranch as a freakin' Reality Show. The Netherlands have the Red-Light District. All cultures have their own sexual trademarks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:59 pm 
Highwind
Highwind

Group:
Chocobo Trainers
Rare Hunters
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Mage
Level: 62

Items
Applesauce Art Of The Master Award - Master Gladiator Award - Master Hero Award - Master Mage Knight
more...
the Japanese are allot less uptight about nudity from the waist up but if you watch there shows where people are naked there always blurred out from the waist down. also if you watch there shows the have allot more naked people running around during prime time then we do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:30 am 
True Fan

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
erik wrote:
the Japanese are allot less uptight about nudity from the waist up but if you watch there shows where people are naked there always blurred out from the waist down. also if you watch there shows the have allot more naked people running around during prime time then we do.

We had a national news cast where the pivot would actually undress herself through the News program until she was naked. So yeah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:33 am 
Highwind
Highwind

Group:
Chocobo Trainers
Rare Hunters
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Mage
Level: 62

Items
Applesauce Art Of The Master Award - Master Gladiator Award - Master Hero Award - Master Mage Knight
more...
ya naked news but thats only on the web i thought

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:25 pm 
True Fan

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
erik wrote:
ya naked news but thats only on the web i thought

Nope. Aired on National TV in Portugal at least. Prime-time too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:46 pm 
Ultima Weapon
Ultima Weapon

Group:
In Review
Rare Hunters
Sakura no Ai
Vanya's Army
Registered users

Cash on hand:

Bank:
[ Donate ]
Class: Thief
Level: 33

Items
Gift - Christmas Present 2007 Command Materia Door To Tomorrow FL Studio Bright Honey
more...
I saw a clip from that because they were interviewing the artists behind LFG. It was rubbish. The woman made me want to strangle some one. :x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next