Funender.com's Final Fantasy
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

RPG Game · RPG Shop · RPG Bank ·  RPG Ebay · RPG Farm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:32 am 
Paladin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Swordsman
Level: 69

Items
Medical Herb Antidote Healing Herb Hero Drink Engine Degreaser
more...
And that it's summer and my time can afford it:

I'm playing FFVII after such a long time!

It feels so different...
Yesterday I was at Don Corneo's Mansion and o boy, o boy, so many things I don't remember happening. I think it's because I didn't understand these sort of things when I was younger. Oh and not forgetting the Honey Bee Inn earlier... what happens in the honey bee inn stays in the honey bee inn!

The biggest deal back then was Cloud dressing up as a woman lol

But I think I'm loving the game much much more than ever, because I'm realizing how detailed and carefully constructed it is, at least compared to the last FF I played; XIII. Well I'm still in the beginning.

Did any of you guys have a similar situation?
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:11 am 
Admin
Admin

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Group:
A World of Cultures
HellBlazers
In Review
Sakura no Ai
Magazine Staff
Administrators
Registered users

Cash on hand:

Bank:
[ Donate ]
Class: Warrior
Level: 16

Items
Medical Herb Brumos Repel Antidote Phoenix Down Angel Tear
more...
unfortunately im a newbie to final fantasy :( i only found out about it's existence when i was 15

but i first started playing 7 when i was 16 didn't get far and found it slightly boring (mind you i was used to 10 so at that point 7 made no sense lol)

however, about 3 months ago me and Dazzard did a play through of 7 and this time i loved it ^^ i agree about the level of detail in 7 it has depth something which in 13 i can't find although i know other people can XD mind you, i hate 13 XD

i guess my situation is slightly similar just i only had a 3 year gap XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:54 am 
Paladin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
SirenSparx1 wrote:
but i first started playing 7 when i was 16 didn't get far and found it slightly boring (mind you i was used to 10 so at that point 7 made no sense lol)

haha, I think the God-like reputation/position FFVII has intimidates almost everyone who knows it, making them afraid of not liking it or being completely obsessed with it, because they would be breaking the "True FF Fan Code of Honour" and some of its real fans feel like they have to fight to exclude themselves from the fan-boys fraternity who love it because of fear or merely for its reputation.

It's about what your personality relates to, and there is always more to a game than its image, good or bad ^_^

Right now I'm completely mesmerized by VII :love

Do you remember this place where you have to chase the bloodline on the floor in Shinra Headquarters? The conversations they had with the freaky music that was playing really freaked me out XD

I don't want to see this in a remake on PS3 XD

I also forgot that Sephiroth is ... aaaaaaaaaaa...

I need to chill -___-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:57 pm 
Elite Soldier

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership
Location: Are you really sure that a floor can't also be a ceiling?

Group:
Sakura no Ai
Two Heads, No Heart
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Ninja
Level: 42

Items
Antidote Brumos Repel Angel Tear Gift - Christmas Present 2005 Ninja Vanish
more...
Elise wrote:
I don't want to see this in a remake on PS3 XD

*Brain explodes with from sheer comprehensiveness of the quote*
[spoil]
*bodies with a pile of goo for a head usually have nothing else to say lol*[/spoil]

~~
If today is all we see, then tomorrow seems to me
Is just and illusion we believe.
~~
You should try and click a couple ads on Funender each day to generate some revenue.
~~
Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:36 pm 
Paladin

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
Mabus wrote:

*Brain explodes with from sheer comprehensiveness of the quote*
[spoil]
*bodies with a pile of goo for a head usually have nothing else to say lol*[/spoil]

NOOOOOO!

This is a shot through the heart!

Completely taken out of context!

HELL YEA I want to see FFVII on PS3. I meant that the events in Shinra Headquarters when Jenova first appeared scared me, the freaky music along with what Red XIII said: No human could've done this, and then the blood everywhere... lol... sounds ridiculous now when I say it but it wasn't at 1:00am. I'm sure it will be more freaky in better graphics, depends on the time of the day, but that's why I said what I said about the remake.

Just defending my FFVII eternal love! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:08 pm 
Elite Soldier

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Group:
Sakura no Ai
Two Heads, No Heart
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
Have you seen the tech demo for FFVII for the PS3. They made it to show the power of the PS3. Great movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:18 pm 
Paladin

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
Yes I've seen it long time ago.

I really think the best way to go for Square Enix is to remake the old Squaresoft FFantasies.

I don't know how true this is but I heard someone say it's a funding issue, I thought I would start a fundraiser and give them the money lol, I would definitely do it if I wasn't sceptical about this funding reason :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:09 pm 
Elite Soldier

Group:
Sakura no Ai
Two Heads, No Heart
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
I'd love to see FFIII(FFVI) remade. That game would be a nice game. But with the 3-D graphics you couldn't make the game as well or remake the game I should say. Things would have to be different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:30 am 
Omega Weapon
Omega Weapon

12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership

Group:
Chocobo Trainers
In Review
Justice Knights
Two Heads, No Heart
Funender Support
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Priest
Level: 27

Items
Angel Tear Award - Master Mage Award - Master Monk Award - Master Ninja Award - Master Thief
more...
There is no point in making the game on a new console. Because people will complain that it ruins the feeling of the original, and it probably wont sell that well.

Anywho back on to a question from the first post. I certainly have a good feeling when i replay an old game from a few years back. And you notice things you perhaps missed the first time, whether it be secrets or storylines. Also for some reason, when i replay old games I used to play a lot I tend to be much better at them now. It's weird, like I had never stopped playing and I'd improved. Though this goes for racing games and say, double dragon on nes XD

Also, with FF7 being godlike. That has no effect on me, since I firmly believe that whatever FF you play first, 95% of the time that one stick in your mind as the best one. I once made a poll on here about that years ago i think XD

FFX was the first one I played and to me that is my favourite final fantasy. I first played FF7 about 2 years ago and enjoyed it but not as much as X.

*~Rose wrote:
Is it fate that everything out of Stappy's mouth is awesome? XD

STAPPY'S PODCAST

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:27 am 
Paladin

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
I don't care, I just want to hear the characters' voices! XD

But I suppose you guys are right, I'm trying to imagine how VII would look on PS3 as I progress through it and I agree that it can't 'feel' the same playing it with better graphics, the bad graphics make it beautiful somehow lol, but I still want to see the major events with better graphics, I don't think anyone can deny that they will help the player blend in more, it's just how the brain works.

I am from the other 5% lol
FF8 was the first one I played and it's number 5 on my list XD
FFXII is from the latest games I played and it's my second favourite.
X is my third btw.

Another thing about 7.
One point some people always put in the pro column is that it has so many mini games... I think it compromises the seriousness of the events... like 2 days ago I was at the Temple of the Ancients, you know what happens there... but right after you leave it you go to the snowy area following Sephiroth and have to play the snow-boarding mini-game. I was put in a fun mood in the time when there should've been a more sad atmosphere. It makes the game hard to relate to, especially since I never used Aeris in my part. While in FFX, for example, I just became so sad after knowing the truth about Yuna! And replaying the game just makes me more sad because I already know everything! About Yuna and Tidus!

I also hate how the love triangle is so dominant.
Judging only by what's passed so far, if you ask me: Say one thing about Tifa!
The first thing that would come to mind is: She likes Cloud!
This is just nooo good XD

I think will write more points as I remember them or progress more into the game.

EDIT: P.S. I completely adore FFVII, so please don't misunderstand if I criticize some of its aspects :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:52 pm 
Omega Weapon
Omega Weapon

12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership

Group:
Chocobo Trainers
In Review
Justice Knights
Two Heads, No Heart
Funender Support
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Priest
Level: 27

Items
Angel Tear Award - Master Mage Award - Master Monk Award - Master Ninja Award - Master Thief
more...
Lmao, i loved your first sentence

I'm glad that someone likes FFXII. It is one of my favourites as well, mainly for the world and battle mode the story sort of lost me XD

That's a good point actually too about sadness. I love the snowboarding minigame too. But i think ff7was at a time when j-rpg's were still very much games and a bit disconnected from reality. So it didn't flow well, i.e the minigames. You could still arguethat for ffx as well, I always found the random battles annoying when playing that for the first time (that was one of the first games i played on ps2 so i wasn't used to the style) before I started using the save spheres to my advantage and just ran around them for hours to level up such realism XD Though I did like how sometimes Lulu and Tidus would acknowledge that I was 'practicing' with random enemies.

And by all means, please keep the criticism coming XD I don't hate FF7 either but I'm getting a little sick of how people are too in love with it to say anything bad about it, even if it is in a joking manner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:03 am 
Paladin

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
I absolutely love FFXII!
Last week I resurrected my PS2 just so I could play it again, not sure I'll have the time though haha, still have't finished VII yet, damn busyness! I got tired of chasing Ultima weapon around the world, so frustrating, but I'm done with most of the side-quests and not much left until the end.

Another criticism for you:
Sephiroth is way over-appreciated, with his lack of planet-destruction abilities :lol