Basic Pool Care Tips Every Single Owner Should Know
Caring for a pool can take time and effort. If you don’t maintain the pool, then it will quickly deteriorate, costing a significant amount of money to get it back to a condition where you can swim again. There are a few maintenance tips that you can try, some that you might not be aware of, to keep the water and the exterior of the pool in the best condition possible.
Skim The Water
Before you get in the pool, you need to skim the water. This practice should be a part of your daily life, especially if you live in an area that has a lot of trees. A vacuum is ideal to have so that you can clean the bottom of the pool and the sides as well, but many vacuums can cost a good bit of money. Make sure the filter stays clean and doesn’t get clogged as this can prevent water from flowing as it should and debris to remain on the bottom of the pool. Companies like 1st Direct Pools have equipment that you can purchase to keep the pool clean and the water clear.
Monitor Chemical Levels
The chemical levels of the pool should be monitored on a regular basis. They like to stay healthy and happy, just like the pH balance in the body. There are treatments that you can get to shock the pool if it gets dirty. You can add chlorine to remove bacteria and to keep the water free of germs and clear at the same time. You also need to monitor the calcium levels of the pool. They should be between 220 and 350 with the lower end being reserved for vinyl pools. A simple test kit has strips that will detect the chemical level. If you see that it’s getting to a point that is too far on one side, then you can add the proper chemicals to adjust it so that it’s back to normal. If you don’t have the money right away for chemicals, then try baking soda. Monitor the water level as well. If the level is getting too low, then it could indicate a leak at the base or along the side. The water level should be at least halfway up the side of the skimmer for safely swimming in the pool.
Contact The Professionals
There are many different things that should be done to properly take care of your pool, like balancing water pH levels and using chlorine or bromine for sanitation purposes. This is what professional pool maintenance companies can do with ease and that will be a little difficult for the homeowner.
Unfortunately, most people will call the professionals only when a technical problem appears. This is not something that should be done. The best thing possible is to basically set up a maintenance routine that is handled by the pool cleaning professionals. They are going to come to your home, check to be sure that the pool systems work perfectly and clean both the water and the actual pool.
Do not look for professionals only when the pool system is broken or when the water is too dirty. You should research the best cleaners before you actually need them so you know exactly who to contact. Find the best professionals in your area and only deal with them.
- How to Choose a Law Firm That’s Right For You - June 23, 2017
- Basic Pool Care Tips Every Single Owner Should Know - June 16, 2017
- Make the Most of Your Los Angeles Trip - June 14, 2017
- Go Out and Get Your Dream Car - June 13, 2017
- BYOD Programs are becoming increasingly popular in the workplace - June 9, 2017
- 5 Ways You Can Use Emoticons Properly at Work - June 8, 2017
- Home Survey 101: A Look at the Advantages and Disadvantages of Different Home Surveys - June 7, 2017
- Tips on Ways to Stay Healthy in 2017 - June 2, 2017
- Is Your Debt out of Control? - June 1, 2017
- Ideas on writing an Essay on your Best Travel Experience - June 1, 2017
- Basic Tips For Small Businesses How To Achieve Goals
- Top Man-Hood Health Tips To Lead Youthful, Satisfactory Life
- How to Choose a Law Firm That’s Right For You
- How To Keep Yourself Safe At Music Festivals
- How To Buy Game Titles At Discount
- What You Get In Essential Phone