The next two weeks would be very sensitive for the Seattle residents as the smoky haze from wildfires in Canada will take about such time to settle upon. It is a serious health concerns for many, and particularly for those who have lung issues.
If believed to American Heart Association, even a short-term exposure to the smoky haze can elevate heart attack and stroke risk. The air is not safe until the middle of next week.
However, below are some important tips how you can stay safe and healthy amid such smoky haze air condition anytime in future and any place on earth:
– Purchase a high-efficiency particulate air filter (HEPA) and it should be of course rated as filtering out 99 to 100 percent of most penetrating particle-size material.
– Even though exercise is good for health but at this time don’t be an addict for it. Smoke in the air may be more dangerous. Try not to exercise outdoor. Go to gym instead for the workout. Protect yourself from heat as much possible.
– Those who are suffering from emphysema, asthma or other lung ailments are suggested to keep necessary medications at hand. It is better to carry inhalers every time.
– It is highly important to keep yourself hydrated. Sip water throughout the day as it will reduce the amount of smoke getting into your lungs.
– It is important to wear light-colored and loose clothing.
– Signs of heat exhaustion or stroke need to be recognized like dizziness, weakness, confusion, fainting, dark urine, fatigue, nausea, cramps and sweating. These are highly dangerous and especially to infants and older adults. Get the affected person lie down if the sign is seen and lower the core temperature by placing cool, wet clothes on the body.
– At home or office it is suggested to keep the doors and windows closed. Leave the area if you don’t have air conditioning and closing the doors and windows make the room too hot.
– Change the filter of air conditioner regularly.
– Run the air condition to re-circulate the air.
– To reduce indoor air pollution it is recommended to use a HEPA filter as those reduces number of irritating fine particles. It is better if you can use HEPA with charcoal as it has the capability of removing some gases too from the smoke.
– Don’t use candles, gas stoves or fireplaces as these may add up to indoor pollution.
- Common Computer Issues: Why Not Getting Formatted, Turning On Quickly - November 21, 2017
- Brandy Tips – How to Make Stinger, Netherland Drink, Jubal Early And Sunset Punch - November 20, 2017
- Why Online Gambling Becoming More Popular - November 19, 2017
- Do You Know Cocaine Addiction May Make You Ugly - November 18, 2017
- Proven Basic Tips On Retirement Investment - November 17, 2017
- Effects Of Drug Cocktail - November 16, 2017
- Proven Tips How To Get Lowest Car Insurance Rates - November 15, 2017
- Learn The Trick If Someone Bugging You - November 14, 2017
- Top Tips To Create Enough Content For Your Blogs And Websites - November 12, 2017
- What Are The Signs Of Suicides - November 11, 2017