The Top Three Benefits of Eating Vietnamese Food
We all have an idea of what Asian food consists of – usually noodles (either hot or cold) or rice, herbs, lots of spices, and a lot more. But what do you really know about Asian food, especially when it comes to all-time favorites such as Vietnamese cuisine?
Vietnamese food has long been touted as one of the healthiest cuisines around, and it’s not surprising to see why. Vietnamese cuisine often consists of food that is not only low in fat, but full of vitamins, nutrients, and minerals as well. Add to this the fact that Vietnamese food often makes use of only the freshest ingredients, and you’ve got one healthy mix indeed. Let’s have a look at a few of the other benefits of eating Vietnamese food:
Ever wonder why Asian people – Vietnamese people in particular – always look younger than they really are? Whilst one reason may be due to their genes, another reason may well be because of the food they eat. Vietnamese food, especially soups and salads, contain plenty of vitamins. These vitamins, specifically vitamins A and E, which come from the herbs and vegetables as well as the lean sources of protein used in many Vietnamese dishes, are full of antioxidants that contribute to the rejuvenation of the body’s cells and even the postponement of ageing.
Vitamin E has an additional benefit as well – it has the capability of fighting free radicals found in the body (free radicals are one of the main reasons why we age) and Vitamin A also allows us to heal cuts and scrapes faster, which, in turn, helps keep those wrinkles from developing and helps keep us looking young – and feeling great as well.
2. Enhancing the immune system and warding off stress and fatigue
If you are feeling especially tired and worn out and are afraid that you may be coming down with a cold, a steaming bowl of the classic Vietnamese comfort food, Pho, should make you feel right as rain again. This is because these soups (whose stocks often take hours to make) are laden with almost all the vitamins and minerals we need. In fact, a typical Vietnamese soup can contain a good number of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C (the perfect immune system booster), vitamin B3, vitamin B6, iron, folate, and magnesium, to name a few.
It’s not just Vietnamese soups that contain an amazing amount of vitamins and nutrients – Vietnamese salads are a contender, too. A Vietnamese papaya salad, for example, can contain as much as – or even more than – the recommended intake per day of Vitamin C. These Vietnamese salads are also rich in other vitamins such as B1, B6 and biotin, and minerals such as magnesium, zinc, potassium, and copper.
We already know that Vietnamese food always makes use of plenty of herbs, particularly those strong aromatics like mint and coriander. A standard bowl of Vietnamese Pho will often have fresh herbs on the side, which you can add to the soup as you like. These herbs, especially mint and coriander, are known for promoting healthy digestion and also aid in the proper functioning of the liver. Apart from this, fresh herbs are great at getting rid of nausea as well as headaches.
- Basic Pool Care Tips Every Single Owner Should Know - June 16, 2017
- Make the Most of Your Los Angeles Trip - June 14, 2017
- Go Out and Get Your Dream Car - June 13, 2017
- BYOD Programs are becoming increasingly popular in the workplace - June 9, 2017
- 5 Ways You Can Use Emoticons Properly at Work - June 8, 2017
- Home Survey 101: A Look at the Advantages and Disadvantages of Different Home Surveys - June 7, 2017
- Tips on Ways to Stay Healthy in 2017 - June 2, 2017
- Is Your Debt out of Control? - June 1, 2017
- Ideas on writing an Essay on your Best Travel Experience - June 1, 2017
- Best Things to Do with Kids in New York City - May 31, 2017
- How To Buy Game Titles At Discount
- What You Get In Essential Phone
- Tips To Be Healthy This Summer On Overseas Vacation
- Success In Real Estate Business Not Easy; Follow Below Tips
- Useful Career Tips For Graduating Students
- Basic Pool Care Tips Every Single Owner Should Know