Top Nutritional Mistakes We Make
Don’t take supplements with coffee
Many people may not know that it is not wise to take supplements with coffee as certain vitamins and minerals will be failed to get absorbed in the body. This is a nutrition mistake and many commit it.
According to health experts the absorption of iron, calcium, B-vitamins and vitamin D are impacted by caffeine. It is also suggested not to take supplements with tea and cola too as these drinks too contain cafeine. So take the supplements with water and wait for about an hour to take any drinks that contain caffeine.
Shake the carton before drinking almond milk
Many may not know that shaking the carton of almond milk is very much required before drinking to get the nutritious value of it. It is to note the calcium and vitamin D fails to bind well with liquid and so it sits at the bottom. To get the benefits of the drink, you need to shake the bottle.
More vegetables needed than fruits in smoothie
Most of us make the same mistake. We add more fruits compared to vegetables while making a smoothie. It should be vice versa. Also, try to keep it in the 300 calories range.
Don’t use canned beans for meatless meals
Beans can be a great substitute to meat as it is a good source of fiber and protein. It adds up to be a healthy diet. However, buy those which has no salt added or low sodium as it has about 1000 mg’s of sodium per cup in it.
Don’t add whole flaxseeds to your breakfast
Flaxseeds are equipped with healthy nutrients as it contains omega 3’s, antioxidants and fiber, but remember the whole flaxseeds are not easily digested. So it is suggested to get ground flaxseeds.
Eat fruit and cut out sugar
Eating fruits is better than eating sweetened beverages and processed foods. There are more health benefits like the fruits are high in vitamins, fiber and protective antioxidants.
More to this, sugar is not completely bad. Just avoid processed sugars and eat natural sugars. This will be healthy.
Don’t completely trust sugar-free, low-fat products
It is to note the sugar-free or low-fat products may not be healthy. It will not even help in losing weight. Also, sugar substitutes are bad. So it is suggested to remain away from artificial sweeteners.
Apart from all these you need to keep yourself away from preservatives too as much possible.
- HTC U11 vs HTC 10 (Similarities and Differences) - May 23, 2017
- Top Goals In The History Of Football - May 22, 2017
- Top Tips How To Lead Healthy Corporate Lifestyle - May 21, 2017
- Things To Know For First Time Home Buyers - May 19, 2017
- Tips For Women To Lead Healthy Life - May 18, 2017
- Things To Consider Before Developing A Mobile Game - May 17, 2017
- Tips For Those Teen Drivers Who Have Just Earned Driving License - May 16, 2017
- How To Pave Perfect Career Path - May 14, 2017
- Tips: How To Handle Mental Health Of Children - May 12, 2017
- How To Bid For Property At Auction - May 10, 2017
- Moving to a New Office? Tips That Will Help the Move Go Smoother
- Points to Consider When Purchasing a Used Spray Truck
- Smart Ways of writing a Compelling Thesis Statement
- HTC U11 vs HTC 10 (Similarities and Differences)
- 5 Best Tire Maintenance Tips
- Top Goals In The History Of Football