BYOD Programs are becoming increasingly popular in the workplace
Almost everyone has a mobile device, and most people take their devices to work even if their employers don’t know it. Some of them even do work-related tasks on their personal devices — again, even if their bosses aren’t hip to the skip. That’s just one reason why BYOD adoption is on the rise. Introducing a Bring Your Own Device approach is also smart because it saves money. If staff members use their personal devices for work, then their superiors don’t have to buy them laptops, smartphones, and tablets. It’s a win-win situation if done correctly.
Transparency and trust are both necessary for successfully implementing a BYOD office. Tackle security issues from the get-go. Make it a requirement for employees to register their devices, and look into a mobile security management suite just in case it’s ever necessary to erase information from a device remotely. Regulation is another essential. Ask staff members to divulge every detail about their phones. If an employee uses an LG G6 smartphone for work and personal tasks, the IT department needs to know. Furthermore, let the techs know that they can’t ignore unregulated activities.
It’s also wise to ask employees to sign a policy detailing the rules, which may include restricting certain apps or disabling the camera while on company property. At the same time, provide incentives to staff. Make sure there’s a way for them to keep professional data separate from personal data. Inform them of management’s intentions with regard to accessing their private information. Discover everything else you need to know about crafting a successful, effective BYOD policy in the infographic below.
- How to Choose a Law Firm That’s Right For You - June 23, 2017
- Basic Pool Care Tips Every Single Owner Should Know - June 16, 2017
- Make the Most of Your Los Angeles Trip - June 14, 2017
- Go Out and Get Your Dream Car - June 13, 2017
- BYOD Programs are becoming increasingly popular in the workplace - June 9, 2017
- 5 Ways You Can Use Emoticons Properly at Work - June 8, 2017
- Home Survey 101: A Look at the Advantages and Disadvantages of Different Home Surveys - June 7, 2017
- Tips on Ways to Stay Healthy in 2017 - June 2, 2017
- Is Your Debt out of Control? - June 1, 2017
- Ideas on writing an Essay on your Best Travel Experience - June 1, 2017
- Basic Tips For Small Businesses How To Achieve Goals
- Top Man-Hood Health Tips To Lead Youthful, Satisfactory Life
- How to Choose a Law Firm That’s Right For You
- How To Keep Yourself Safe At Music Festivals
- How To Buy Game Titles At Discount
- What You Get In Essential Phone