Almost everyone has a mobile device, and most people take their devices to work even if their employers don’t know it. Some of them even do work-related tasks on their personal devices — again, even if their bosses aren’t hip to the skip. That’s just one reason why BYOD adoption is on the rise. Introducing a Bring Your Own Device approach is also smart because it saves money. If staff members use their personal devices for work, then their superiors don’t have to buy them laptops, smartphones, and tablets. It’s a win-win situation if done correctly.
Transparency and trust are both necessary for successfully implementing a BYOD office. Tackle security issues from the get-go. Make it a requirement for employees to register their devices, and look into a mobile security management suite just in case it’s ever necessary to erase information from a device remotely. Regulation is another essential. Ask staff members to divulge every detail about their phones. If an employee uses an LG G6 smartphone for work and personal tasks, the IT department needs to know. Furthermore, let the techs know that they can’t ignore unregulated activities.
It’s also wise to ask employees to sign a policy detailing the rules, which may include restricting certain apps or disabling the camera while on company property. At the same time, provide incentives to staff. Make sure there’s a way for them to keep professional data separate from personal data. Inform them of management’s intentions with regard to accessing their private information. Discover everything else you need to know about crafting a successful, effective BYOD policy in the infographic below.
- How To Keep Kids Away From Overuse Habit Of Smartphone - October 15, 2017
- Stay On Budget For Black Friday & Beyond - October 9, 2017
- The Smartest Video Marketing Trends in 2017 - October 6, 2017
- Who Loses, Who Wins After China’s Crackdown On Cryptocurrencies - October 5, 2017
- Why MLB is far better than the NFL? - September 26, 2017
- Free gifts with your broadband - September 23, 2017
- Fundamentals of Productive and Quality Writing - September 21, 2017
- How to Become an Instagram Celebrity - September 15, 2017
- 10 fun online activities - September 14, 2017
- Sports is necessary in life - September 11, 2017