Almost everyone has a mobile device, and most people take their devices to work even if their employers don’t know it. Some of them even do work-related tasks on their personal devices — again, even if their bosses aren’t hip to the skip. That’s just one reason why BYOD adoption is on the rise. Introducing a Bring Your Own Device approach is also smart because it saves money. If staff members use their personal devices for work, then their superiors don’t have to buy them laptops, smartphones, and tablets. It’s a win-win situation if done correctly.
Transparency and trust are both necessary for successfully implementing a BYOD office. Tackle security issues from the get-go. Make it a requirement for employees to register their devices, and look into a mobile security management suite just in case it’s ever necessary to erase information from a device remotely. Regulation is another essential. Ask staff members to divulge every detail about their phones. If an employee uses an LG G6 smartphone for work and personal tasks, the IT department needs to know. Furthermore, let the techs know that they can’t ignore unregulated activities.
It’s also wise to ask employees to sign a policy detailing the rules, which may include restricting certain apps or disabling the camera while on company property. At the same time, provide incentives to staff. Make sure there’s a way for them to keep professional data separate from personal data. Inform them of management’s intentions with regard to accessing their private information. Discover everything else you need to know about crafting a successful, effective BYOD policy in the infographic below.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Tips - August 16, 2017
- Dermacol Makeup Cover Review - August 15, 2017
- 4 Geeky Hobbies You Can Start Learning for Cheap - August 8, 2017
- 7 tips to become a super productive student in your college - August 4, 2017
- Achieving Financial Success: How to Straighten out Your Finances - August 3, 2017
- Surprising Five Gifts for Your Men - July 27, 2017
- Top 5 Most Valuable Sports Brands - July 25, 2017
- Online Gaming and its Close Ties with Popular Culture - July 20, 2017
- Planning a Bachelor Party for Your Best Bud - July 19, 2017
- 5 Tips for Moving to a New City - July 18, 2017