Men and women alike have discovered a new trend when it comes to their jewelry and rings in particular: titanium. No longer does a wedding ring have to be a bland 14ct gold ring found at the local jewelry store that everybody else has as well. And nobody has to turn to cheap imported jewelry anymore either, leading to green skin or even full allergic reactions.
Instead, people are now turning towards titanium and for good reason. Titanium rings are durable, strong, beautiful and very affordable. Read on for a buying guide for your own ring.
The Material Itself
Titanium comes in different grades and is almost always fully hypoallergenic. This means that it will not react to the skin. Not just that, most grades also do not react to the majority of chemicals, corrosive elements or salt water. The exception is in the lowest quality grade titanium, which you may found from a Chinese-based seller on eBay for a few cents per ring. These rings are low grade, impure and, sometimes, filled with other types of cheap metals (like iron) that affects the overall quality of the ring.
Good titanium ring manufacturers will always use high grade titanium. This is for two specific reasons:
- It will guarantee that the ring will be fully hypoallergenic.
- High grade titanium is incredibly strong, particularly compared to the lower quality models.
As always, you pay for what you get and if you find a truly cheap titanium ring, it is most likely a poor quality one as well.
Designs of Titanium Rings
There is literally an endless array of choices available when it comes to the design of your ring. Modern engraving and milling machines mean that designers can create any type of design you like. As such, people often also have rings designed specifically for them, so that they remain totally unique.
Some of the most popular titanium rings also have inlays. This means that they have an outer titanium layer, grooved and inlaid with other metals or products, including gemstones, minerals, hardwood, silver and gold. These are always handcrafted and therefore completely unique. They are designed to last a lifetime.
Experience of Designers
As stated earlier, you do get what you pay for with titanium rings. If you import yours from somewhere in China or Southeast Asia, you can guarantee that it is of low grade titanium and that little thought has been put into the design. Try to find someone who has a lot of experience in the craft that is jewelry design and in the material itself so that you will actually get value for money. Remember that a marriage is supposed to last for life, which means a wedding ring should last just as long.
With a little bit of research, you should be able to find the perfect wedding ring for you. And remember that titanium is not just suitable for wedding rings, but also for any other type of jewelry you may like.
- How To Keep Kids Away From Overuse Habit Of Smartphone - October 15, 2017
- Stay On Budget For Black Friday & Beyond - October 9, 2017
- The Smartest Video Marketing Trends in 2017 - October 6, 2017
- Who Loses, Who Wins After China’s Crackdown On Cryptocurrencies - October 5, 2017
- Why MLB is far better than the NFL? - September 26, 2017
- Free gifts with your broadband - September 23, 2017
- Fundamentals of Productive and Quality Writing - September 21, 2017
- How to Become an Instagram Celebrity - September 15, 2017
- 10 fun online activities - September 14, 2017
- Sports is necessary in life - September 11, 2017