Gardening is one of the most important hobbies for many in today’s lifestyle and a survey says 5 million people out of six million who took up gardening in 2015 were millennials.
National Gardening Survey report reveals one in three households grew in 2015 something edible at home and it is very visible the cities are turning greener with the rise community gardens.
Just a quick check of Instagram will reveal there are too many people taking selfies in front of collections of lush plants. You may come across many accounts devoted to gardening and houseplants there.
Take a note that there’s a plant for everyone, for every lifestyle and also for every person. Below are some details which houseplant may suit you:
For those who have dimly lit apartment
Many apartments may be dimly lit and the window may be facing onto a brick wall. Also, if you have less time to devote to the plant to water it, you need a “ZZ” plant. It is Zamioculeas zamiifolia and member of philodendron family. Just note, don’t give too much water to it as it may not survive.
For those who have reputation of killing houseplants
Many people are poor in handling homeplants and may have destroyed a good share of orchids. It is suggest to go for air plants as these are tiny and can be hung decoratively. However, lots of indirect light is required for such plants. A fluorescent bulb light will do. Don’t forget to mist once a week.
For those who can labor hard caretaking and seeks good result
For such type of people the best is philodendron. It grows comparatively faster and bears large, heart-shaped leaves. It can be grown almost anywhere, but try to keep it away from bright light. It cannot be killed easily and survives even while suffering.
For those who want more likes on Instagram and make others jealous
If you are looking ahead to make others jealous, consider Monstera. The plant looks beautiful and bears large leaves. It is tropical rainforests native. The special thing to note is its tricky leaves, which are though large but have gaps in it like a window to let light beam on the new leaves below too. It is a trendy indoor plant and grows good in shade. Take selfies in front of the plant, post those on Instagram and surely others will be jealous of you.
- Top 5 Romantic Honeymoon Destinations - October 19, 2017
- Andy Griffith Show Plot And Awards - October 18, 2017
- Why The Andy Griffith Show Is Popular Sitcom In America - October 17, 2017
- Want To Invest In Commodity? Know The Basics First - October 16, 2017
- Top Tips How To Make Selfies Look Better - October 15, 2017
- Top 10 things to do in Peru - October 14, 2017
- Effects of Global Warming on our Health - October 12, 2017
- How Introverts Can Have Successful Career - October 11, 2017
- Proven Tips How To Find Whether Your Partner Cheating You - October 10, 2017
- Lung Cancer Symptoms, Causes And Prevention - October 9, 2017