Dogs Love Listening Jamaican Music: Study
Have a dog at home? Want to know whether he wish to listen music? Here’s a new study that claims their favorite is Bob Marley. They relax when listening to reggae music.
The study is unusual, but researchers discovered the dogs love Jamaican beats followed by soft rock.
The scientists from University of Glasgow said the findings could help in making canine-approved playlists for the animal rescue homes that can help when dogs find difficult to settle.
The study was conducted at Rehoming centre in Dumbarton, Scotland, and several songs were played to a group of pets.
The pooches were found lying on the floor when music was played of any genre. However, behavior changes were seen when the researchers played reggae or soft rock.
The researchers found each dog has their own music tastes. Professor Evans added in their study the response to different genres was played highlighting they too have their own individual performances.
Evans added further, “That being said, reggae music and soft rock showed the highest positive changes in behavior.”
Apart from soft rock and reggae, the researchers also played Motown, pop and classical music.
Researchers measured heart rate of the dogs while playing music to figure out how stress-free they were while listening different music.
Meanwhile, the Scottish SPCA is learned to be investing in sound systems for all its Kennels.
Gilly Mendes Ferreira from the group said, “At present, both our Glasgow and Edinburgh centers are able to pipe music into their kennels.”
He added further all its kennels in future could offer a canine-approved playlist and thereafter to continue the researcher further.
Professor Neil Evans led the new, unusual study and said each dog has its own music tastes. He said, “Overall, the response to different genres was mixed, highlighting the possibility that, like humans, our canine friends have their own individual music preferences.”
Who is Bob Marley?
Bob Marley, or Robert Nesta “Bob” Marley, was a singer, songwriter, musician and guitarist from Jamaica between 1945 and 1981 who achieved wide international fame and acclaim. His compositions are mostly a blend of reggae, ska and rock steady.
What is Reggae music?
Originated in the late 1960’s in Jamaica the Reggae is a music genre that is now used in a broad sense to refer popular Jamaican dance music. It incorporates musical elements of rhythm and blues, jazz and mento.
- DirecTV, Hulu And Other Players To Change TV Advertising Completely - April 29, 2017
- Milk Bank Mushrooming Online, FDA Warns Of Contamination - April 28, 2017
- Why Car-Buying, Car Finance Deals On Rise In Britain - April 27, 2017
- Advantages Of Hotels, Disadvantages Of Rentals In Vacation - April 26, 2017
- How Streaming Service Is Killing Music Industry - April 25, 2017
- Tips How Gadgets Can Help Keeping Yard Green For Amateur Gardener - April 24, 2017
- What Is Binge Eating Disorder, Its Symptoms And Treatment - April 23, 2017
- Top 5 Songs This Weekend On Billboard Hot 100 Pop Singles Chart - April 22, 2017
- How To Evolve Your Rental Property Portfolio - April 20, 2017
- Tips: Why To Save In Pension Scheme To Secure Retirement - April 18, 2017
- DirecTV, Hulu And Other Players To Change TV Advertising Completely
- Why do you need a SEO Expert?
- Milk Bank Mushrooming Online, FDA Warns Of Contamination
- Moving? Essentials That the Right Moving Company Must Provide
- Why Car-Buying, Car Finance Deals On Rise In Britain
- Trade Show Promotional Items: What You Should Take Along?