Have a dog at home? Want to know whether he wish to listen music? Here’s a new study that claims their favorite is Bob Marley. They relax when listening to reggae music.
The study is unusual, but researchers discovered the dogs love Jamaican beats followed by soft rock.
The scientists from University of Glasgow said the findings could help in making canine-approved playlists for the animal rescue homes that can help when dogs find difficult to settle.
The study was conducted at Rehoming centre in Dumbarton, Scotland, and several songs were played to a group of pets.
The pooches were found lying on the floor when music was played of any genre. However, behavior changes were seen when the researchers played reggae or soft rock.
The researchers found each dog has their own music tastes. Professor Evans added in their study the response to different genres was played highlighting they too have their own individual performances.
Evans added further, “That being said, reggae music and soft rock showed the highest positive changes in behavior.”
Apart from soft rock and reggae, the researchers also played Motown, pop and classical music.
Researchers measured heart rate of the dogs while playing music to figure out how stress-free they were while listening different music.
Meanwhile, the Scottish SPCA is learned to be investing in sound systems for all its Kennels.
Gilly Mendes Ferreira from the group said, “At present, both our Glasgow and Edinburgh centers are able to pipe music into their kennels.”
He added further all its kennels in future could offer a canine-approved playlist and thereafter to continue the researcher further.
Professor Neil Evans led the new, unusual study and said each dog has its own music tastes. He said, “Overall, the response to different genres was mixed, highlighting the possibility that, like humans, our canine friends have their own individual music preferences.”
Who is Bob Marley?
Bob Marley, or Robert Nesta “Bob” Marley, was a singer, songwriter, musician and guitarist from Jamaica between 1945 and 1981 who achieved wide international fame and acclaim. His compositions are mostly a blend of reggae, ska and rock steady.
What is Reggae music?
Originated in the late 1960’s in Jamaica the Reggae is a music genre that is now used in a broad sense to refer popular Jamaican dance music. It incorporates musical elements of rhythm and blues, jazz and mento.
- How To Overcome Neck Pain - August 19, 2017
- Common Technology Problems And Their Solutions - August 18, 2017
- Career Fairs And Tips How To Attend - August 16, 2017
- How To Manage You Finance Intelligently - August 15, 2017
- Tips To Follow Before Buying A Gaming Desk - August 14, 2017
- 4 Tips For Amateur Real Estate Agents - August 12, 2017
- Some Professional Tips When You Are On A Job - August 12, 2017
- How To Remain Safe And Healthy In Smoky Haze Air-Pollution Condition - August 9, 2017
- How To Make Smartphone Perform Faster While Playing Games - August 7, 2017
- How To Beat Loneliness - August 6, 2017