Data leak has growingly been common in past few years over the web including the biggest Yahoo accounts breach that exposed millions of users. Security professionals are working constantly to combat with such high-profile hackers and luckily artificial intelligence (AI) has emerged as an ally to be vigilant at all times.
A new report writes AI look for patterns in behavior and it keeps on alerting about the new threats even though still the machine learning tool is way far from perfection. It is claimed massive data models can spot hacking faster than humans.
According to co-founder and CEO of biometric security company HYPR, George Avetisov, some AI solutions are being built around cyber security analytics.
He added the AI is helping in speeding up the work of data breach discovery and potential threats which otherwise was very slow for humans.
Avetisov further said that companies for decades have been using rules-based engine that does not learn about new threats. The AI on the other hand does so in real-time by analyzing large data sets that fragments and overlaps with one another.
The role of humans is such scenario is to weed out false positives and ensure the data sets fed into an AI engine are robust and accurate. It can be said the AI is equally intelligent to data that it is tasked to analyze. This results with adapting one’s own security infrastructure.
As of now the AI is used for malware detection and spotting the phishing attacks apart from blocking brute-force instrusions, but in later stages it could be added to services on which we always rely.
A small example can be seen in the Gmail mailing service. the artificial intelligence can be tasked to scan countless variables of an email that looks legitimate like looking from which IP address it is originating, knowing the location data, reading the word choice as well as phrasing of sentences, and several other factors before alerting user about a phishing scam.
SAP NS2 enterprise security company’s CEO and president Mark Testoni said the artificial intelligences can also quantify the level of threats that is only possible doing so by humans until now.
However, everything should not be seen as rosy as the hacking community too are learning on AI and so they may also put to work the machine learning tool in finding weak endpoints.
Beware, a different level of hacking and counter-hacking in on the card in near future.
- Career Fairs And Tips How To Attend - August 16, 2017
- How To Manage You Finance Intelligently - August 15, 2017
- Tips To Follow Before Buying A Gaming Desk - August 14, 2017
- 4 Tips For Amateur Real Estate Agents - August 12, 2017
- Some Professional Tips When You Are On A Job - August 12, 2017
- How To Remain Safe And Healthy In Smoky Haze Air-Pollution Condition - August 9, 2017
- How To Make Smartphone Perform Faster While Playing Games - August 7, 2017
- How To Beat Loneliness - August 6, 2017
- How Google Home Is Helpful To Music Lover - August 5, 2017
- How To Keep Houses Cooler During Summer Months - August 4, 2017