The iPhone 8, possibly so-called, is supposed to be a revolutionary product as 2017 is the 10th anniversary of the original iPhone.
However, as earlier rumored the Apple smartphone to come with a revolutionary truly wireless charging feature, the CEO of wireless power company Energous said the feature will be missing.
IPhone 8 will not come with such feature that can help the device to be charged from within 15 feet range from a charger.
Energous CEO Steve Rizzone is currently working on such truly wireless technology and hinted Apple has reached to an agreement with them.
Apple’s In-House Research
Since 2013 the iDevice giant has filed over a dozen patents for inductive charging and all the technologies used magnetic coils and require contact with the charger similar to the rival standards by the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) and Power Matters Alliance (PMA) as well found in Samsung’s Galaxy S and Galaxy Note ranges.
The wireless charging standard WattUp of Energous uses radio frequencies (RF). In 2011 Apple labeled mentioned it to be very inefficient and is not practical. It is hazardous too.
Apple is also known to have partnered with Lite-On Semiconductor for wireless charging bridge rectifiers.
Bridge rectifiers help in converting the alternating current (AC) to direct current (DC). This is pointless if the company pursue RF charging.
However, if RF charging is pursued the agreement would be pointless as Energous has its own all-in-one module.
All-Glass iPhone 8
It is also widely rumored the iDevice giant will be replacing the upcoming model in alumium chassis with all-glass. Even though glass backs are more troublesome than aluminium, but it is for induction charging.
Glass is required for induction charging as the charge don’t pass through aluminium.
The Bottom Line
It is true Apple has a partnership with Energous, but as of now for a convenient way to research RF charging. If looked back to the actions of the iDevice giant in past few years, no chance of such revolutionary charging is coming to the iPhone 8.
However, the technology may be equipped in future iPhones, but not at least in one or two years.
The rumor of truly wireless charging has been originated just recently and it went badly wrong as many started believing things are going to turn up as 2017 is the 10th anniversary for the original iPhone. Share your own views too whether the rumor to turn up true.
- What To Consider Shopping Backpacks This Holiday - December 11, 2017
- How Promotional Gifts Can Help Raise Fund For Charity - December 10, 2017
- Why Kids’ Scooter Is A Meaningful Gift To Your Children - December 9, 2017
- History And Function Of Electronic Cigarette - December 8, 2017
- How To Master Chess Playing – Proven Tips - December 7, 2017
- Visit Lake Palace In Udaipur, Indian State Of Rajasthan - December 5, 2017
- How To Choose A Retirement Gift - December 4, 2017
- Why Notepads Play Important Role In Promoting Your Brand - December 3, 2017
- How To Promote Your Website Design Service - December 2, 2017
- How To Get Rid Of Productive Cough, Dry Cough - December 1, 2017