The iPhone 8, possibly so-called, is supposed to be a revolutionary product as 2017 is the 10th anniversary of the original iPhone.
However, as earlier rumored the Apple smartphone to come with a revolutionary truly wireless charging feature, the CEO of wireless power company Energous said the feature will be missing.
IPhone 8 will not come with such feature that can help the device to be charged from within 15 feet range from a charger.
Energous CEO Steve Rizzone is currently working on such truly wireless technology and hinted Apple has reached to an agreement with them.
Apple’s In-House Research
Since 2013 the iDevice giant has filed over a dozen patents for inductive charging and all the technologies used magnetic coils and require contact with the charger similar to the rival standards by the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) and Power Matters Alliance (PMA) as well found in Samsung’s Galaxy S and Galaxy Note ranges.
The wireless charging standard WattUp of Energous uses radio frequencies (RF). In 2011 Apple labeled mentioned it to be very inefficient and is not practical. It is hazardous too.
Apple is also known to have partnered with Lite-On Semiconductor for wireless charging bridge rectifiers.
Bridge rectifiers help in converting the alternating current (AC) to direct current (DC). This is pointless if the company pursue RF charging.
However, if RF charging is pursued the agreement would be pointless as Energous has its own all-in-one module.
All-Glass iPhone 8
It is also widely rumored the iDevice giant will be replacing the upcoming model in alumium chassis with all-glass. Even though glass backs are more troublesome than aluminium, but it is for induction charging.
Glass is required for induction charging as the charge don’t pass through aluminium.
The Bottom Line
It is true Apple has a partnership with Energous, but as of now for a convenient way to research RF charging. If looked back to the actions of the iDevice giant in past few years, no chance of such revolutionary charging is coming to the iPhone 8.
However, the technology may be equipped in future iPhones, but not at least in one or two years.
The rumor of truly wireless charging has been originated just recently and it went badly wrong as many started believing things are going to turn up as 2017 is the 10th anniversary for the original iPhone. Share your own views too whether the rumor to turn up true.
- Top 5 Romantic Honeymoon Destinations - October 19, 2017
- Andy Griffith Show Plot And Awards - October 18, 2017
- Why The Andy Griffith Show Is Popular Sitcom In America - October 17, 2017
- Want To Invest In Commodity? Know The Basics First - October 16, 2017
- Top Tips How To Make Selfies Look Better - October 15, 2017
- Top 10 things to do in Peru - October 14, 2017
- Effects of Global Warming on our Health - October 12, 2017
- How Introverts Can Have Successful Career - October 11, 2017
- Proven Tips How To Find Whether Your Partner Cheating You - October 10, 2017
- Lung Cancer Symptoms, Causes And Prevention - October 9, 2017