The Big Apple Is a Great Place to Visit
When people visit the United States from other countries, one of the first places they want to visit is New York City. This is not hard to understand, considering that the Big Apple is constantly featured in various movies and TV shows. This causes foreigners to constantly associate New York City with the United States. It is certainly a great place for tourists to enjoy, especially in the summer when the weather in the city is at its best. There are a plethora of activities to do in New York City with couples and families. You would be advised to budget your time wisely when you are visiting the city. Traffic is often bad, so allow yourself plenty of time to get where you are going. You can learn a lot about the city by reading Hipmunk’s travel guide for NYC. Here are some of the wonderful attractions that make the Big Apple a great place to visit.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Since it is the largest art museum in the United States; it is not surprising that the Metropolitan Museum of Art is also one of the best. No matter what master painter or sculptor you are a fan of, there is a very good chance that some of his work is on display in this museum. Many of the most famous artists are represented here. The list of masterworks is quite astounding. It is definitely an art lover’s paradise. If you have even a mild appreciation for art, you should make a point of dropping by for a few hours.
- The Museum of Modern Art
While the Metropolitan Museum of Art houses the works of traditional painters like Rembrandt and Van Gogh, the Museum of Modern Art is home to works by artists such as Salvador Dali. The art that is found in both museums is completely different, but equally beautiful and inventive. Lovers of modern art will need to experience this museum firsthand. The museum was founded in 1929 by Abby Aldrich Rockefeller, the wife of John Rockefeller, Jr. Abby was known for being a major philanthropist. The Museum of Modern Art remains one of her most enduring gifts to the city.
- Rockefeller Center
Another one of the major marks that the Rockefeller family left on New York City is Rockefeller Center. The area is now famous for being the home to an outdoor ice skating rink that people can use during the winter months. The building close to the rink located at 30 Rockefeller Center is the home of the National Broadcasting Corporation, better known as NBC. It is where Jimmy Fallon records his late night talk show. It is also where Johnny Carson got his start, before moving his show to Los Angeles. Tours of the NBC studios are available, but you are required to book them in advance.
- Madison Square Garden
This is quite possibly the most famous indoor arena in the world. It has hosted some of the most famous concerts and sporting events in recent memory. It is also the home of the New York Knicks basketball team and the New York Rangers hockey team. If you want to see where a lot of musical and sporting history has been made over the years, you should arrange a tour.
This article was contributed by Fiona Moriarty of Hipmunk, a complete travel platform that allows you to do everything from comparing charter flights and train rides, to finding the best resort hotels and Airbnb rentals.
- Fool-Proof Ways to Become a Better Boss - June 28, 2017
- Top Video Games Worth Buying In 2017 - June 26, 2017
- How to Choose a Law Firm That’s Right For You - June 23, 2017
- Basic Pool Care Tips Every Single Owner Should Know - June 16, 2017
- Make the Most of Your Los Angeles Trip - June 14, 2017
- Go Out and Get Your Dream Car - June 13, 2017
- BYOD Programs are becoming increasingly popular in the workplace - June 9, 2017
- 5 Ways You Can Use Emoticons Properly at Work - June 8, 2017
- Home Survey 101: A Look at the Advantages and Disadvantages of Different Home Surveys - June 7, 2017
- Tips on Ways to Stay Healthy in 2017 - June 2, 2017
- Fool-Proof Ways to Become a Better Boss
- Tips How To Keep Computes Safe From Petya Ransomware
- College Athletic Recruiting Tips For Your Teenage Child
- Top Video Games Worth Buying In 2017
- A Guide To Convert Online Property Leads To Real Clients
- Basic Tips For Small Businesses How To Achieve Goals