The Big Apple Is a Great Place to Visit
When people visit the United States from other countries, one of the first places they want to visit is New York City. This is not hard to understand, considering that the Big Apple is constantly featured in various movies and TV shows. This causes foreigners to constantly associate New York City with the United States. It is certainly a great place for tourists to enjoy, especially in the summer when the weather in the city is at its best. There are a plethora of activities to do in New York City with couples and families. You would be advised to budget your time wisely when you are visiting the city. Traffic is often bad, so allow yourself plenty of time to get where you are going. You can learn a lot about the city by reading Hipmunk’s travel guide for NYC. Here are some of the wonderful attractions that make the Big Apple a great place to visit.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Since it is the largest art museum in the United States; it is not surprising that the Metropolitan Museum of Art is also one of the best. No matter what master painter or sculptor you are a fan of, there is a very good chance that some of his work is on display in this museum. Many of the most famous artists are represented here. The list of masterworks is quite astounding. It is definitely an art lover’s paradise. If you have even a mild appreciation for art, you should make a point of dropping by for a few hours.
- The Museum of Modern Art
While the Metropolitan Museum of Art houses the works of traditional painters like Rembrandt and Van Gogh, the Museum of Modern Art is home to works by artists such as Salvador Dali. The art that is found in both museums is completely different, but equally beautiful and inventive. Lovers of modern art will need to experience this museum firsthand. The museum was founded in 1929 by Abby Aldrich Rockefeller, the wife of John Rockefeller, Jr. Abby was known for being a major philanthropist. The Museum of Modern Art remains one of her most enduring gifts to the city.
- Rockefeller Center
Another one of the major marks that the Rockefeller family left on New York City is Rockefeller Center. The area is now famous for being the home to an outdoor ice skating rink that people can use during the winter months. The building close to the rink located at 30 Rockefeller Center is the home of the National Broadcasting Corporation, better known as NBC. It is where Jimmy Fallon records his late night talk show. It is also where Johnny Carson got his start, before moving his show to Los Angeles. Tours of the NBC studios are available, but you are required to book them in advance.
- Madison Square Garden
This is quite possibly the most famous indoor arena in the world. It has hosted some of the most famous concerts and sporting events in recent memory. It is also the home of the New York Knicks basketball team and the New York Rangers hockey team. If you want to see where a lot of musical and sporting history has been made over the years, you should arrange a tour.
This article was contributed by Fiona Moriarty of Hipmunk, a complete travel platform that allows you to do everything from comparing charter flights and train rides, to finding the best resort hotels and Airbnb rentals.
- 5 Best Tire Maintenance Tips - May 23, 2017
- An Overview Of What CBD Oil Is Used For - May 17, 2017
- How to Protect Your Things When You Travel for Extended Periods - May 16, 2017
- Easy to recover lost Data using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 11.5 - May 11, 2017
- 3 Financial Tips on Real Estate Investment - May 10, 2017
- When the Affordable Beats the Spectacular devices - May 8, 2017
- Reasons you should be using animated explainer videos for your business - May 8, 2017
- Your Next Trade Show Exhibition: Why Hiring Event Staff Matters - May 1, 2017
- Why Should I Establish a Health Spending Account When I Have Health Insurance? - April 30, 2017
- Why do you need a SEO Expert? - April 29, 2017
- 5 Best Tire Maintenance Tips
- Top Goals In The History Of Football
- Top Tips How To Lead Healthy Corporate Lifestyle
- Things To Know For First Time Home Buyers
- Tips For Women To Lead Healthy Life
- Things To Consider Before Developing A Mobile Game