Did you know that Halloween originates from Celtic tradition and legend from over 2,000 years ago? This mystical and magical day has certainly changed a lot since then! So in honour of the spookiest day of the year, we decided to team up with the folks at bgo to bring you some of the best activities you could do to celebrate with friends and family. Take a look at our list below and make sure to give at least 1 a try this year . . .
1. Night hike under the full moon
As luck would have it, the 31st of October 2020 will be quite special thanks to a rare, full blue moon that will light up the skies. A night hike will be the perfect opportunity to make the most out of the moonlit night and spooky atmosphere. Just make sure to plan a safe route and take plenty of snacks.
2. Brave a haunted house or tour
Feeling brave? Chances are, your town or city has at least one haunted house or location that opens up to intrepid visitors on Halloween. Learn more about the folklore and legends of your area . . . just be prepared to be quite spooked for a while after that!
3. Organise a horror movie night-in
Prepare the popcorn and prepare for a no fuss, fun activity that’s sure to be a hit with friends and family alike. From classic horror films that will have you quaking on your sofa, to comedy-horror that will have you split your sides laughing, there are tonnes of films to watch (or re-watch). We suggest organising a poll in advance to avoid spending time choosing a film on the night.
4. Play Halloween-themed slots
Make the most out of the spooky atmosphere by playing some of the most popular Halloween-themed slots out there. Give Book of Halloween or Pumpkin Bonanza a try. Who knows . . . you could land an epic win that will make this year’s Halloween one to remember!
5. Craft a Jack-o-Lantern
Break out a knife and some candles and channel your inner creativity on some jack-o-lantern crafting. Make it even more fun by competing with family and friends. Once you’re done, display your pumpkin creations on a windowsill or front porch to add some eerie vibes to the neighbourhood.
6. Make the most of the pumpkin harvest
Pumpkins aren’t just for carving! They’re a super versatile ingredient and can be used in sweet and savoury dishes alike. From pumpkin soup, to pumpkin pie, to pumpkin ravioli there are plenty of options to experiment with for your next home-made meal.
What did you think of our list? Let us know in the comments below!
- Switching Up Your Career and Getting into Nursing - July 8, 2021
- 6 Things You Need to Know About Colorado Solar Incentives in 2021 - July 7, 2021
- Software Development For The iGaming Industry - June 27, 2021
- 5 Gorgeous Watches for Girls with Impeccable Style - June 17, 2021
- 5 Cool Xmas Gifts for the Big Bike Rider - June 15, 2021
- Chartering a Yacht Is a Great Stress Reducer. - June 14, 2021
- Shopping on a Tiny Budget - June 9, 2021
- What Does a Medical Malpractice Attorney Do? - June 4, 2021
- Polish TV in USA: instant and affordable - June 2, 2021
- Hong Kong – a mecca for tourists - May 31, 2021