Funender.com's Final Fantasy
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

RPG Game · RPG Shop · RPG Bank ·  RPG Ebay · RPG Farm

Post subject: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:32 pm 
Elite Soldier

12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership

Group:
Sakura no Ai
Two Heads, No Heart
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Ninja
Level: 42

Items
Antidote Brumos Repel Angel Tear Gift - Christmas Present 2005 Ninja Vanish
more...
OMG, yes I just used txt speak!

This is such a great show, I cannot believe that it took so long to make the books into a TV Series.

If you enjoy huge amounts of political intrigue this is your show.

The show is based on books by George R.R. Martin in the Song of Fire and Ice series.

Martin actually writes a couple episodes a season. It's on HBO but I'm sure you can find it if you try.

It is set in a medieval world so swords and stuff... I'm not really good at explaining it so here is the synopsis:
[spoil]
Based on the bestselling fantasy book series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin (Hugo and Nebula Award-winning author), this sprawling new HBO drama series is set in a grounded fantasy world inhabited by ambitious men and women of both honor and ill-repute, much like our own real world. In the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, whoever controls the Iron Throne holds unbelievable power, and the series centers on the rise and fall of several families that covet that power at all costs.

There’s the noble Starks, whose patriarch Eddard, a.k.a. Ned, is named the Hand of the King after his predecessor dies under suspicious circumstances. There’s the conspiratorial Lannisters, whose secrets are plentiful and whose designs on controlling the throne will destroy the tenuous peace in the realm. Finally, there’s the dragon princess Daenerys, heir to the former dynasty, who waits just over the Narrow Sea with her malevolent brother Viserys, who dreams of a fiery reconquest of the kingdoms their family used to rule.

This is a story of duplicity and treachery, nobility and honor, conquest and triumph. In the Game of Thrones, you either win, or you die.[/spoil]

Amazing show, that is close to what the books were so far 4 episodes into to (7 released) and I will be continuing. 5/5!
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Is just an illusion we believe.
~~
Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:26 am 
Omega Weapon
Omega Weapon

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Group:
Chocobo Trainers
In Review
Justice Knights
Two Heads, No Heart
Funender Support
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Priest
Level: 27

Items
Angel Tear Award - Master Mage Award - Master Monk Award - Master Ninja Award - Master Thief
more...
How has this thread not taken off?
Game of Thrones is the most addictive series I've seen since... Well for me probably ever. No show has made me this addicted.

But It's been really hard to convince people to watch this because only the real niche audience knows about it and loves it. It is only on pay tv in Australia, that's another thing (not sure about your countries)

I love this show too. It is brilliant writing and so well made that it makes you wonder how they can fit that much awesome into one hour. I haven't read any of the books but I might soon, so I can't compare the two but honestly I don't think you need to read the books, the show is great.

Season 1 had me hating the Lannisters soooo much, it did a great job of making you hate the villains. But as we all saw there was one villain who became the fan favourite throughout that season, and what a great little character he is.

What I also love is a show/story that has the guts to be realistic. By that I mean letting characters die. No other series can do it, they are too worried about the fanbase. Some characters die and some live. I'm talking about characters that have had a whole series of being a major character and developed a personality, not some new introduced character that is just an excuse to make a good guy die. It keeps you on your toes and makes you believe that the characters are truly mortal, and that it gives you a perspective of what is at stake.

Stargate Atlantis lost everyone when they couldn't kill Ronon and it was stupid. Why even keep him alive at the end of the series? His escape from death defied belief and ruined any emotions.
On the topic of Ronon, he is in Game of Thrones, as a leader of a huge horde or warriors, and he is awesome.

If anyone hasn't watched it, watch it now from season 1. If you have, who do you like?

*~Rose wrote:
Is it fate that everything out of Stappy's mouth is awesome? XD

STAPPY'S PODCAST

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:11 am 
True RPG Fan

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Group:
A World of Cultures
Funender Garden
In Review
Kindness Counts
Rare Hunters
Two Heads, No Heart
World Domination
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Thief
Level: 46

Items
Brumos Repel Antidote Phoenix Down Power Water Great Shield
more...
I havent watched this yet, but by the sounds of it im gonna have to.

Have you seen the unedited Spartacus series (x3)?

Is it as good as those?

Stappy wrote:
This sentence does not contain an innuendo... ^^
Arc wrote:
This sentence does ^^.......p*nis... XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:26 pm 
Omega Weapon
Omega Weapon

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Group:
Chocobo Trainers
In Review
Justice Knights
Two Heads, No Heart
Funender Support
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Priest
Level: 27

Items
Angel Tear Award - Master Mage Award - Master Monk Award - Master Ninja Award - Master Thief
more...
No but I do intend to watch it, I like the setting of spartacus so I'm getting that series as we speak XD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:12 pm 
True RPG Fan

12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership

Group:
Kindness Counts
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Ninja
Level: 26

Items
Fairy Tear Angel Tear Detoxify Acorn Very Strong Shield
more...
this series turns me on D: i ruv it so much. I cant wait for the final battle :3