Funender.com's Final Fantasy
It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

RPG Game · RPG Shop · RPG Bank ·  RPG Ebay · RPG Farm

Post subject: the wrestler
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:35 am 
Elite Soldier

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Group:
Funender Garden
Rare Hunters
World Domination
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Vicar
Level: 29

Items
Cauldron Tip Secret 10 Sony 1080p 63inch HDTV Diet Soda Thanksgiving Turkey Gift - Christmas Present 2006
more...
i highly recommend this new movie with mickey rourke playing an ageing wrestler who has fallen from the spotlight.

its amazing, a gritty, cliche free movie that feels so unlike most films hollywood churns out. an instant classic.

anyone else seen it?
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

thanks yugi and renorocks :D

*FUNENDER MOVIE MAKER CHAMPION 2007*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSQ41NAQ0Dc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:29 am 
Omega Weapon
Omega Weapon

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Group:
Chocobo Trainers
In Review
Justice Knights
Two Heads, No Heart
Funender Support
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Priest
Level: 27

Items
Angel Tear Award - Master Mage Award - Master Monk Award - Master Ninja Award - Master Thief
more...
I have and I back your recommendation. It is a fantastic film with a good story of a man who is only accepted in the wrestling industry which he wasn't to quit, and is shunned by everyone outside of it when he wants to make a life outside of wrestling.
Micky Rourke's performance was great.

*~Rose wrote:
Is it fate that everything out of Stappy's mouth is awesome? XD

STAPPY'S PODCAST

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:39 pm 
Elite Soldier

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Group:
Funender Garden
Rare Hunters
World Domination
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Vicar
Level: 29

Items
Cauldron Tip Secret 10 Sony 1080p 63inch HDTV Diet Soda Thanksgiving Turkey Gift - Christmas Present 2006
more...
its also a good portrayal of the wrestling industry too... people often dont get to see the real side to it, the hardship behind the glitz. hopefully alot of people who always dis wrestling for its fakeness and deride it will get to see the movie.

totally agree too stappy, rourke really gives it for the film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:11 pm 
Omega Weapon
Omega Weapon

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Group:
Chocobo Trainers
In Review
Justice Knights
Two Heads, No Heart
Funender Support
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Priest
Level: 27

Items
Angel Tear Award - Master Mage Award - Master Monk Award - Master Ninja Award - Master Thief
more...
Yeah i was gonna say that too. I used to be a huge wrestling fan and of course no one would believe me when I told them the only thing that's fake in wrestling is that these two guys don't really hate each other.

I also loved the backstage scene when all the guys were planning the matches. I think this film is also good for those who are WWE-only fans, forshame if you are. Because that company likes to glamorise everything and pretend it is the only wrestling company, when there are guys working twice as hard for other companies who you've never heard of.

I'm not really a wrestling fan any more though since I just grew tired of the WWE being in control of everything and pushing guys like John Cena who have no talent. I still watch some TNA if I can though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:21 pm 
Fantasied

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Mage
Level: 5

Items
Tree Branch Trashcan Lid Tonka Helmet Cotton Robe Medical Herb
more...
This movie looks kinda raw, i think i will go see it on the next weekend coming with some friends. I'm not a big wrestling fan but as for the movie it looks pretty cool :)