Funender.com's Final Fantasy
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

RPG Game · RPG Shop · RPG Bank ·  RPG Ebay · RPG Farm

Post subject: Japan as of Now
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:37 am 
The Final Aeon
The Final Aeon

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Group:
HellBlazers
In Review
Sakura no Ai
World Domination
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:

Bank:
[ Donate ]
Class: ProRobo
Level: 23

Items
Gift - Christmas Present 2006 Gift - I'm A Survivor! Gift - Christmas Present 2008 Antidote Happy Cookie
more...
So I posted forever ago that I was going to Japan and then fell off the face of the planet (sorry about that). Here's what's been up:

So after some relationship craziness back home (I had and now don't have a bf), I left for Japan. When I got here, I was basically just happy to have left the drama behind before it really got started, and moved into my new place pretty easily. My neighbor Haruka, who was also my co-worker, came over and said hi. We grabbed dinner and talked about what my job was gonna be like and got to know each other. She kept telling me that things were kinda... weird at the company, but also said she didn't want to say too much since I was new and she wanted me to decide for myself.

So that night, Marco (another co-worker) quit with a 3 days notice. I was then told I was going to teach 38 hours in my first week, and there was going to be no training. There is a MASSIVELY COMPLEX system here that I have to follow, but it wasn't explained to me in the least. My first week was me running into walls and not knowing what was happening most of the time. I also realized that most of the kids were motivated to behave because they were afraid of my boss. Everyone was.

I talked to Marco a bit about why he was leaving. Basically, my boss treated him like sh*t. He also breaks labor laws left and right and heavily underpays us for the work we do. Like, teaching 38 hours a week is INSANE. I work 6 days a week and sometimes as long as 7 hours with no break. There are no office hours since all the time I would be given to prepare is just on my own time. AKA, he makes us work off the clock.

So Marco left, but not before Lucas revealed he has been stalking Marco and his wife for information and demanded 2 month's salary for quitting (which is illegal to demand). Marco lawyered up and Lucas backed off. Then Haruka ran away in the middle of the night and Lucas demanded money from her as well.

I'll cut a lot of stuff here, but a few Japanese teachers have left as well and my boss is friggin' crazy. He can't accept responsibility whenever he does something wrong, which is OFTEN. He's telling Haruka he'll have her arrested for stealing money, which she didn't do. He originally said we had to work for free on Sundays, which is super illegal. We brought it up and he was like, "oh, I'll pay you overtime then". Except he doesn't. He pays us less than we usually make. So now they're optional. I quit awhile ago (as well as the girl who got here a week after me) and the other foreign teacher is leaving as well. I'm leaving earlier than he thinks to avoid him trying to take a bunch of my money from me. The other foreign teacher is probably leaving as well. And if he comes after us, we have proof of him breaking the law, so we can attack back.

I already have another job lined up. They've been super helpful. I'll get on to more pictures when that's sorted out more and I don't feel like I'm suffocating all the time. I'm leaving in less than a month (the 13th). But yeah, that's where I've been. Sorry for going MIA.
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

mgold07 wrote:
I find it good to know that Crazed does not believe in rape and yet does believe in the killing of orphans.

I'm the official "Mad Fairy Godmother" of the forum.

Image Image
Thanks Aruy!

Post subject: Re: Japan as of Now
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:14 am 
Ultima Weapon
Ultima Weapon

12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership

Group:
A World of Cultures
AWOL
Forever Night
Funender Garden
HellBlazers
In Review
Kindness Counts
Sakura no Ai
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Sniper
Level: 18

Items
Phoenix Down Homing Arrow Shield Brace Dragon Robe Antidote
more...
That's some crazyness....but at least you have another job lined up XD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:09 am 
The Final Aeon
The Final Aeon

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Group:
HellBlazers
In Review
Sakura no Ai
World Domination
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:

Bank:
[ Donate ]

Items
Gift - Christmas Present 2006 Gift - I'm A Survivor! Gift - Christmas Present 2008 Antidote Happy Cookie
more...
It gets even crazier, too. -_-
It's basically just been 2 months of pure nonsense since I got here. Arc knows about a lot of it since I would talk about it on Skype. But I didn't want to mention anything on FB since my mom is a spaz and I don't need her comments about how everywhere that's not America is a dangerous, scary place.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:14 am 
Ultima Weapon
Ultima Weapon

12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership

Group:
A World of Cultures
AWOL
Forever Night
Funender Garden
HellBlazers
In Review
Kindness Counts
Sakura no Ai
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
Yeah I kinda caught bits and pieces on skype. Not the whole deal though XD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:23 pm 
True RPG Fan

Group:
A World of Cultures
AWOL
Funender Garden
In Review
Roleplayers
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]
Class: Mage Knight
Level: 1

Items
Cotton Robe Thanksgiving Turkey Phoenix Down Bizzare Horn Gift - Christmas Present 2006
more...
I bet the Chinese and Japanese might think the same of America though.

Personally I think you should attack :S Like that really doesn't sound fair, and the boss sounds like a complete a**hole. It's prob a lot of drama though, and it's understandable to wanna avoid with all that has already happened (plus the more you speak of :S)
Congratz on the new job lined up though! If they're being super helpful already, then they will most likely be better than where you (are, were?) working with that screwy boss :S

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:36 pm 
Paladin

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Group:
Registered users

Cash on hand:

Bank:
[ Donate ]
Class: Monk
Level: 1

Items
Steel Sword Wooden Stick
I thought my life was crazy o.o

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:14 pm 
The Final Aeon
The Final Aeon

Group:
HellBlazers
In Review
Sakura no Ai
World Domination
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:

Bank:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
Okay, well, I did go on the attack. It was called Project FIRIS. There's a lot of story there. But I'm okay now and at a new job in a different city. I'm much happier now. ^_^

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:59 pm 
Ultima Weapon
Ultima Weapon

Group:
A World of Cultures
AWOL
Forever Night
Funender Garden
HellBlazers
In Review
Kindness Counts
Sakura no Ai
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
Thats good to hear.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:49 pm 
The Final Aeon
The Final Aeon

Group:
HellBlazers
In Review
Sakura no Ai
World Domination
Magazine Staff
Registered users

Cash on hand:

Bank:
[ Donate ]

Items
more...
Yeah. My new job has a lot of drama in itself, but the people I work for are way nicer. They know about my situation with having no money almost all the time and they pulled me aside and said I could ask for some of my salary in advance if I really needed to.
One of my old coworkers told my ex-boss they needed some money for gas to drive to the different offices and he told her the company, "doesn't have money". Which is code of that he takes all the money the company DOES make. He then told her that he could pay her out of his own pocket. Not only that, but he would be SO KIND as to only charge her 10% interest a month until she paid it back. *rolls eyes*