Gaming is one of the most fun hobbies around. Whether you play on the PC, Xbox, or PlayStation, it’s easy to sit down in front of the box and immerse yourself in an amazing new world. Let’s face it, what could really be better than gaming? Well, there is one thing: making money from gaming. It may seem impossible, but it’s not. In fact, playing video games could end up making you more money than you currently make from your traditional job! Let’s take a look at a few of the ways you can make this happen.
1. Participate in eSports
One of the easiest ways to make money from playing video games is through e-sports. If your favorite game is competitive – think Fortnite, Call of Duty and League of Legends – it’s likely there is a tournament for it. While this won’t net you regular money, if you are good enough, it’s a good way to win a lump sum quickly. In fact, one of the world’s leading eSports players makes over $300k a year just by participating in Fortnite tournaments. If you’re not quite good enough to get paid to play games like this, you can always bet on them. Sites like Unikrn are ideal for this and reward you for both playing and watching!
2. Become a Video Game Tester
If you’re willing to play pretty much anything – and have a detailed eye and the analytical capabilities needed to be able to report bugs – becoming a video games tester could be the job for you. This is pretty much the OG way to earn money from gaming, but it’s something that is possible – even today. Typically, you’ll need to search for entry level Q/A testing jobs. The average pay in this industry is around $45,000, but if you have more experience, you should be able to earn quite a bit more. Take a look at this article if you want to understand more about what’s involved.
3. Stream on Twitch
The average Twitch streamer earns between $10,000 and $40,000 per year, making this a great way to make money from your favorite games. Of course, there are some caveats. Most people want to watch streamers play AAA titles, and they expect the people they are watching to narrate what they are doing – it’s harder than it sounds. If you prefer to play obscure indie titles, you may struggle to get an audience until you’ve made a name for yourself. However, if AAA titles are your thing, and you’ve got the skills to keep people engaged, Twitch could be the platform for you.
If none of the above three options appeal, don’t fret. You could also learn to code and become a games developer, start a gaming blog or look for jobs in video game journalism, or even start a YouTube channel. There are plenty of options out there for gamers who want to make money from the hobby that they love. Which one will you try?
- Companies Can Motivate Their Workforce Using This Easy Method – Employee Engagement - November 12, 2020
- A Guide to the Different Types of Roofing - October 26, 2020
- Top 5 Reasons your Cellphone Internet Connection is Slow - September 14, 2020
- Covid-19 Treatment in India Could Cost a Fortune: This is What the Numbers Show - August 27, 2020
- How to Make Money from Gaming - August 21, 2020
- Novelty Electronic Signature Solutions with SignNow - August 21, 2020
- 10 Essential Tips to Make your Puppy Get Used to its New GPS - August 17, 2020
- Key Methods to Keep Your Family Eating Healthily - July 20, 2020
- Drive with Confidence: Seven Practical Tips to Overcome Your Driving Anxiety - July 2, 2020
- How to Keep Your Dog Safe This Summer - June 30, 2020