Mother’s Day is a commercialized holiday with a good intent: remind Mom how much she means. When a mother, female guardian or mother figure has made an impact in someone’s life, it’s nice to take the time to show her how special she is. Mother’s Day is an excellent time to make that statement.
When distance separates, it’s not easy to figure out what to give mom on her special day. Below are a few long-distance gift ideas that can bring mom joy when being together isn’t possible.
Gourmet Gift Baskets for Mother’s Day
Gourmet gift baskets are an excellent idea for Mother’s Day gifts, because they can be customized in such a way as to give mom all her favorite treats. These gourmet Mother’s Day gift baskets can usually be shipped or delivered special for mom’s special day. These gift baskets can contain cheeses, crackers, snacks, chips, candies, candy bars, gourmet coffees and teas, gourmet wine baskets, jellies and jams, or a combination of all these.
In fact, if mom is the sentimental type, a homemade gift basket with personal cookies and candies or cakes and homemade jarred items can add the personal touch while still offering a feast of goodies.
Along the lines of the gourmet Mother’s Day gift baskets, a newer version of edible items meets flowers in edible floral arrangements. These arrangements are fruit and candy arranged to look like flowers, made fresh on the day they are delivered. Chocolate dip and dipping sauces can be added to the mix. These arrangements are both beautiful and useful, making them a good choice to have delivered on Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day Standby—Flowers
Flowers are a traditional Mother’s Day gift, and in a pinch, they can let mom know she’s thought of on her special day. Not all floral delivery stores will deliver on a Sunday, the traditional Mother’s Day celebration, so planning ahead is a good plan to have the flowers arrive in time.
Photo Albums, Digital Photos, Family Photos
Mother’s love photos of their families, and Mother’s Day is a great time to make a special photo collage, photo album, or special collection of photos for mom and grandmother on Mother’s Day. Handmade or decorated photo albums with personal family photos inside are a nice touch.
A Phone Call to Mom
No Mother’s Day is complete, truly complete, if mom doesn’t get a call from her children. If mom uses the computer, consider a digital online phone call complete with webcam so the entire family can visit with mom and everyone can see each other. No matter how far apart mom and her kids have to be on Mother’s Day, a phone call or online digital webcam call can make the distance seem a little closer.
- Best trendy women’s clothing stores in Toronto - October 29, 2020
- Important tips to follow while buying homeowner’s insurance - October 28, 2020
- Granite vs. quartz countertops for a kitchen - October 26, 2020
- Bed and breakfasts ideal romantic wedding sites - October 21, 2020
- Have a Halloween party and celebrate the dead - October 19, 2020
- Holiday gifts and Christmas presents tips for babies - October 18, 2020
- What kind of jobs exist overseas amid COVID pandemic - October 17, 2020
- How to host stress-free Thanksgiving - October 15, 2020
- How to change shopping habits in recession - October 10, 2020
- Layering jewelry on black and white garments - October 7, 2020