If you are wondering how to get rid of blackheads, you might also be wondering how blackheads develop. The human skin is composed of self-moisturizing modules that are referred to as pilosebaceous units. Each of these units contains three components: a hair follicle, a hair, and a sebaceous gland. These are necessary to keep the skin moisturized as well as healthy.
The sebaceous glands produce oils or sebum that are then stored in the hair follicles. If the oil becomes trapped in the hair follicle, it cannot flow out onto the skin. The pilosebaceous unit becomes clogged. When this happens, the skin is not moisturized by the oil as it remains trapped. The result is a clogged pore. As the dead skin cells and oil that have been trapped in the follicle darken, a blackhead becomes apparent.
Getting Rid of Blackheads
Perhaps the most important rule of thumb when treating blackheads is to clean the skin properly and regularly. Washing with just water is not going to do the trick. Read the ingredients carefully before using any product on your skin.
One of the skin products that you can use is a mud mask. The ingredients in the mask help to open the skin pores while drawing out the impurities that are clogging your skin. In general, you can use a mud mask twice a day until your blackheads disappear.
You can also use a gentle, water-soluble acne cleanser or skin exfoliant to clean your skin and open up the pores. Use warm water when cleaning the infected area so that the pores soften. This makes it easier for them to open up and release the blockage. For serious cases of skin inflammations or an abundance of blackheads, a trip to the physician is a good idea. In the severest of cases, medication might be suggested.
Once you have gotten rid of all of your blackheads, your skin is going to appear more vibrant and beautiful. The glow on your face, however, can be attributed not only to the treatments that you have used to rid yourself of your blackheads, but also to the fact that you no longer have them.
Always make sure that you clean your face on a daily basis. If you wear facial makeup, you need to remove it completely to allow your skin pores to breathe. If you do not remove all of the makeup residue, your pores can clog and develop blackheads. Whenever your face has been exposed to grime and dirt, a good washing is suggested.
- What is Business Intelligence - March 7, 2018
- Some Basic Facts About Computer Virus - March 6, 2018
- Renting Versus Buying a Home - March 5, 2018
- True Story of Joni Mitchell’s “Woodstock” - March 3, 2018
- Movie Review: Billy Wilder’s The Fortune Cookie - March 2, 2018
- Elephant Rehabilitation in Sri Lanka - February 28, 2018
- What are Functional Foods, Nutraceuticals - February 27, 2018
- Weekend Breaks in the East of England in July and August - February 26, 2018
- How to Clean Foggy or Yellow Auto Lights - February 23, 2018
- We’re Not Married: a 1950s Comedy about Marriage - February 22, 2018