When it is time for students to get back-to-school, parents need to be highly conscious as there may be several issues related to the children that need to be solved like feeling of stress or excitement. Below are some related tips:
Vaccine specialists alert parents to ensure their children have been vaccinated as recommended before sending to the school for a new year. A good ear is also recommended for the changes in vaccinations like HPV is now recommended for age 11 instead of age 16 as before.
Even lately the vaccines are more easily administered like measles-mumps-rubella and chickenpox vaccines have been combined to a single dose.
Parents are suggested to consult their family physicians for suggestions or take the help from the official website of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for vaccine recommendation.
The most important thing to consider for every student is their sleep. Children should have enough sleep as it is directly linked to one’s well-being and learning ability. Prior to the start of school parents are urged to help the students get proper sleep and good rest too. Try to make them avoid caffeine after dinner and help them to exercise regularly. Even it is suggested to turn off all electronic devices about an hour before their bedtime. Phones too should be put on silence so that calls or text messages does not disrupt the sleep. More to all these, impose early bedtime on Sunday so that it is easier for the younger ones to rise easily on Monday morning.
Children should develop healthy eating habits. This will help avoiding obesity. Parents are suggested to have a variety of health snacks so that the children are able to make good choices. They will learn the art of choosing and also what to eat if they are hungry.
Usually students get the feel of excitement and stress going back to school in a new year. This is most common for those younger ones who are going from kindergarten to middle school.
Parents should ensure the feelings of children are normal before going school. Ask them what is bothering and help them to get comfortable with those elements which are causing nervousness.
Dental hygiene is highly important and regular exam is recommended. Students should be encouraged to brush teeth, gums and tongue twice daily as the practice will reduce the risk of infection.
- How To Work Abroad And Travel In Limited Budget - March 8, 2018
- What is Business Intelligence - March 7, 2018
- Some Basic Facts About Computer Virus - March 6, 2018
- Renting Versus Buying a Home - March 5, 2018
- True Story of Joni Mitchell’s “Woodstock” - March 3, 2018
- Movie Review: Billy Wilder’s The Fortune Cookie - March 2, 2018
- Elephant Rehabilitation in Sri Lanka - February 28, 2018
- What are Functional Foods, Nutraceuticals - February 27, 2018
- Weekend Breaks in the East of England in July and August - February 26, 2018
- How to Clean Foggy or Yellow Auto Lights - February 23, 2018