Anyone who wants to avoid chemicals and synthetic ingredients in their beauty regimen should consider these three natural items.
Anyone interested in living a green lifestyle, or living a life as chemical-free as possible, probably finds buying beauty care products confusing. There are so many “natural” products on the market. One has to read labels and be discerning because popular buzz words don’t always mean what one may think.
Shopping can also be challenging because many green products are priced higher than their chemical and artificial ingredient-laden counterparts.
Here are three truly natural items that are easily found, and you may even already have them in your kitchen. You may also consider buying Amanda Jo Organic Bunny kit online.
• Ground almonds are an excellent exfoliator. They gently remove dead skin, while leaving skin soft and silky. They are rich in vitamin E and emollients that moisturize your skin.
Almonds can be ground in a food processor or coffee grinder, but be careful not to grind too much or you will end up with almond butter. Almond flour or meal is a good option. Almond meals can be found in the baking section of the grocery store or the natural foods department.
Add a few drops of water to the ground almonds & lightly massage the mixture over a damp face.
• Baking soda is a fine grain exfoliator that is more abrasive than almond meal. Baking soda is good as a foot scrub or all over body scrub. Mix a paste of baking soda and water and rub gently in a circular motion, then rinse.
It can be used as a facial exfoliant on oily skin, but be careful if you have sensitive skin. Make a paste of 1 tsp. of baking soda with a few drops of water, use your fingers to lightly rub over face.
Baking soda can also be used to clean hair. It removes build up from styling products. Mix a small amount with a dab of shampoo in your hand and shampoo as usual. You can also mix one tablespoon with a cup of water and pour it over your head, or mix it in a squirt bottle to apply to your head. Then massage the baking soda into your scalp.
According to Arm & Hammer, baking soda also makes a relaxing bath soak. Mix ½ cup of baking soda into bathwater and a few drops of lavender essential oil. After soaking skin feels silky and muscles feel relaxed.
• Coconut oil is light oil that the skin absorbs easily. It makes skin soft and smooth. It is an excellent moisturizer for dry skin. Use it all over the body as a moisturizer, as a night-time face cream, or massage oil. Bastyr University reports that virgin coconut oil helped decrease the inflammation and itching of eczema.
Coconut oil is extremely versatile. It can also be used as hair oil. For a conditioning oil treatment take a tablespoon of coconut oil and rub it into the ends of your hair. Put a plastic bag or plastic wrap over your hair to lock in warmth. Keep it on for at least an hour, then wash. A small amount can be used after washing to control frizz.
It is best to use unrefined virgin coconut oil. Coconut oil is full of antioxidants that protect the skin from free radicals. It also contains lauric acid, a medium chain fatty acid that gives the oil antimicrobial properties. Store coconut oil in the refrigerator to keep its freshness.
So enjoy the soft luxurious skin and sleek hair that can be had with natural products without spending a ton of money. Feel confident that there are no hidden, undesirable additives.
- Proven strategies to cope layoff - May 7, 2021
- Travel tips for Greece - May 3, 2021
- Bathroom cleaning tips and ideas - May 2, 2021
- Most popular homes of 20s captures architecture - April 29, 2021
- Online trading – The perfect con? - April 25, 2021
- Three natural beauty essentials - April 23, 2021
- Elephant ride at Elephant Whispers in South Africa - April 22, 2021
- Proven tips to help students with exam revision - April 18, 2021
- The best sunglasses on a budget - April 17, 2021
- Tips on losing belly fat and getting hot abs - April 17, 2021