The bathroom is one of the most frequently used spaces in your home. As such, it is also the first to get worn out over time. Unfortunately, a major bathroom renovation will cost a significant amount of money. The good thing is, you do not have to break the bank if you want to update the look of your bathroom. Here are some simple design tips you can consider.
No need to change the floor plan
The biggest money-saving tip you can consider is keeping the same floor plan. What you need to do is maximise the existing plumbing and redesign by updating the fixtures. For example, you can choose contemporary bathroom furniture with simple and sleek lines that look great for small spaces.
Keeping the existing floor plan not only helps you save money but also reduces the time it takes to complete the project.
Prepare a detailed plan and budget
When planning a bathroom remodelling project, you need to consider the following:
- What is your maximum budget?
- What new fixtures do you need?
- How can you maximise storage space?
If at this point you are already overwhelmed by the task at hand, you can consult with a designer who can help you during the design stage. If you would rather not spend on hiring a designer, you can also get inspiration online from design articles and magazines.
Having a concrete plan will also help prevent unnecessary spending. If you have a budget and stick to it, you do not have to worry about overspending on fixtures and other design elements.
Splurge only on the most essential pieces
Quality above all is the most important consideration when buying bathroom fixtures. But quality often comes at a price. As such, you need to consider splurging only on items that are most important such as the toilet, the sink, or the shower cubicle. When it comes to tiles, you do not need to buy an expensive Italian brand. Choose a less-expensive alternative, preferably locally sourced, while at the same time not sacrificing quality.
Moreover, avoid spending too much on unnecessary accessories. Think about ways you can make the room luxurious at a lower cost. Lighting, for example, adds a dimension of richness to a room without costing too much. Be creative in choosing accessories and keep things simple so that you can also stay within your estimated budget.
Do not replace everything
Although your bathroom will look great with a complete makeover, it does not mean you have to replace every existing fixture. To save money, assess what you like about the current design and consider whether it is still worth keeping. For example, if you have a vanity cabinet that is still functional, perhaps you can update the look by giving it a new coat of paint and new hardware. If the tiles are still good, maybe you can re-grout instead of installing new ones.
In conclusion, updating your bathroom does not have to break the bank. With enough inspiration and creativity, you can stay within your budget and be completely satisfied with the results.
- The Bathroom Remodel Ideas Without Breaking the Bank - February 6, 2020
- Here are Some of the Legalities of Starting your Own Business - January 26, 2020
- Simple Things that You Can Do to Make your Phone Way more Secure - January 24, 2020
- Your In-Depth Guide to CBG Oil – and Why It is Making a Mark in a Big Way - January 19, 2020
- Best Practices from Austin Heater Repair: Keeping Your Heater Functioning at 100% - January 5, 2020
- Things That You Should Do to Produce High Quality Research Papers - December 25, 2019
- Don’t Let Anyone Stop You from Trying a Different Fashion Styles - December 1, 2019
- The Need to Individually Get to Know Your Employees - November 28, 2019
- Don’t Forget to Do These Things Before You Sleep - November 5, 2019
- Moving into a New Home? Why Click Vinyl Flooring Might be the Best Choice for You - October 23, 2019