Wearing a full suit in a crowd of people dressed in jeans and graphic tees can be fairly uncomfortable, and if there’s no opportunity to remove and store away the most common offenders (suit jacket, necktie) it can seem somewhat awkward.
Likewise, showing up in streetwear to a gala, corporate event, or a wedding might cause a degree of discomfort – both for one’s self as well as the other guests or participants.
The Right Shoes for the Right Job – Designer Footwear
Perhaps the most improperly chosen accessory by a great many gentlemen, footwear is the most important piece of any given ensemble. Men should take care to always purchase quality footwear from respected brands such as Clark’s or Bostonian, and designer offerings from Prada, Gucci, Hugo Boss, or Salvatore Ferragamo.
The style of the shoe is obviously the most important consideration. Both brown and black leather loafers or slip-ons are the ideal staple for any outfit – this style of shoe has become extremely popular both amongst sartorial stylists as well as the cool, casual crowd. A brown leather loafer will look as sharp paired with a light denim jean as it will with a pinstriped navy suit.
Laced dress shoes are far too formal to be dressed down in any capacity, and most sneakers are wholly inappropriate for any formal wardrobe – cheeky statements made at the high school prom aside. By adopting the slip-on leather loafer in both black and brown, gentleman can make sure they are never caught flat-footed!
The Smart Casual Mainstay – Stripes Make the Man
Perhaps the easiest way to ensure safe passage when navigating rather difficult stylistic terrain is to nail the smart casual look – a youthful and modern image that conveys power, promoting a provocative image.
Beginning with a well-fitted sport shirt that bears a bold, colourful stripe or a muted, tonal pattern (according to each gentleman’s taste) – accompany this centerpiece with a lightly pinstriped blazer (wool for winter climates, cotton for warmer weather).
Dress jeans of a fine quality denim and of a generally dark persuasion (indigo, midnight blue) bereft of any fraying should be paired with the aforementioned leather slip-ons to complete this comfortable and trendy look.
This ensemble is extremely flexible and can be adapted at a moment’s notice. Notice a lack of jackets or blazers among the crowd? Lose the coat and drape it casually underarm. Barring any truly formal events – events which openly call for a “formal” dress code – the smart casual image will bear appreciate results.
- Glass railing, glass brick trending in home, office decor - December 14, 2018
- What are arranged marriages and why it is on rise in America - December 6, 2018
- Should You Take Him Back? Is he interested or just friendly? - December 4, 2018
- Godly relationships tips: Stay in love, avoid poor communication - December 2, 2018
- Is it I love you husband phrase makes married couple happy - November 30, 2018
- Incompatibility in marriage? Resolve relationship problems with these tips - November 28, 2018
- Marriage management: Dating tips for spouses - November 26, 2018
- Relationship checklist: Single parent dating – bringing the kids along - November 24, 2018
- Marriage management – Ways to spend holidays alone - November 22, 2018
- Marriage management: How to restore intimacy in marriage - November 20, 2018