The wedding cake is still very much a traditional part of the wedding reception. Brides are looking for wedding cake ideas that will make theirs a standout. Here are some interesting ones to consider.
Wedding Cake Flavors and Designs
-Be creative with the flavor of the wedding cake. Consider these interesting combinations: lemon raspberry, chocolate orange, carrot rum, orange almond, spiced pumpkin, chocolate amaretto, orange cranberry, white chocolate truffle, chocolate raspberry, dark chocolate peppermint, banana coconut, chocolate cherry or apple walnut.
-If having children at the reception, serve them a money cake. It could be a small replica of the wedding cake with dimes, nickels and quarters hidden inside. Be sure to let them know so they do not accidentally swallow anything.
-Have the wedding cake be in an interesting shape, such as linking hearts, a cupid shooting an arrow or kissing doves.
-Have a grouping of small cakes made and display them on different tiers. Each cake could be decorated individually.
-Have the cake designed with the couple’s personalities and hobbies in mind. If both love skiing, have a cake created to resemble a mountain with a bride and groom skiing down it.
Ideas for Cake Servers
-Display the wedding cake under a glass case until ready to serve.
-The bride and groom could personally serve the wedding cake to their guests. Simply have a waiter follow the bride and groom with a cart with pre-cut cake slices on it, and the bride and groom could quickly hand them out to the guests at their tables.
-When it is time to cut the cake, have it wheeled into the center of the room. This way guests get a close up view as it passes by their tables.
-Light up the wedding cake with sparklers as it is brought into the room.
-Have the cake heralded into the room by the serving staff with lots of fanfare and clapping.
-Instead of feeding each other cake, a nice alternative is for the couple to bite into the same piece at the same time.
-Have a beautiful knife and server set as it will be featured in a photo of the couple cutting the cake. A plain knife can be easily embellished by wrapping wire stemmed flowers around the handle.
-Consider combining the gift table with the cake table to ensure everyone gets a chance to see the wedding cake before it is cut.
Wedding Cake Toppers Ideas
-A fun wedding topper for a winter wedding cake would be the bride and groom in a snow globe.
-If it is a second marriage for either, and there are children from the first marriage, instead of just a bride and groom as a cake topper, have the appropriate number of children figurines on the cake as well.
-Top the wedding cake with gold letters that are the monograms of the bride and groom’s names.
- Advice for step-parents and stepsibling relationships - September 21, 2019
- Choose the best cheap ukulele – old vs new - September 19, 2019
- Key measurements for your music business plan - September 17, 2019
- Old 90s games: Kirby Super Star - September 16, 2019
- Retro games online – Mario RPGs and Mario retro game platformers - September 15, 2019
- Is ethical hacking in demand? - September 14, 2019
- Ten steps to gym business plan - September 12, 2019
- Exercise and lose weight using metal detecting finds and prospecting - September 9, 2019
- Buying a metal detector – best metal detector for coins - September 8, 2019
- Four negative behavior patterns in love marriage problem - September 7, 2019