The new iPad performs faster and offers a brighter screen at about half the price of iPad Pro.
Compared to the iPad Air 2 it is a bit heavier and thicker too. It lack speaker and screen quality that comes with iPad Pro. It does not support stylus.
The new iPad is cheaper but comparatively more advanced at the price Apple offers and considering the previous models. It is priced tagged little more than $300 and is said to be the cheapest iPad from the iDevice giant.
The original iPad debuted in 2010 and gradually became the lovable gadget for many, but in recent years sales of tablet devices have dipped as big-sized smartphones started offering the same, or close experience.
The new 2017 model is a surprising entry of iPad that comes at a very competitive cost without the bells-and-whistles flagship. It has dropped all the honorifics like Air, Pro or Mini. Apple has just positioned it as iPad.
The 32GB Wi-Fi only model starts at $329 and the 32GB Wi-Fi/LTE version cost $459. Similarly the 128GB versions are priced tagged $429 and $559 respectively. Apple has not come up with 64GB option.
The starting price of new iPad 2017 is $70 less than the starting price of iPad Air 2 and $60 more than the iPad Mini2.
Even though it is said the new iPad replaces iPad Air 2 in the tablet lineup of Apple, but if given a closer look it resembles the iPad Air of 2013 with exact same 7.5mm thickness and 469 gram in weight.
The iPad Air 2 weighs 437 grams and is 6.1mm thick. The LTE versions of the same weigh about 7 to 9 grams more.
The new iPad has the same 2.048×1,536 resolution as the iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro. Apple claims the screen of new iPad is 25 percent brighter.
The iPad Pro has a wide-color display too that supports P3 color gamut to lure professional visual artists, video editors and people from other similar professions. Comparing the screen of iPad and iPad Pro keeping side by side, the Pro version looks awesome, but that’s a $600 and up.
If compared with the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, the new iPad 2017 will look inferior in terms of screen. The South Korean giant’s product comes with an AMOLED display and offers better movie viewing. However, it is expensive and is priced tagged at $599.
Apple’s new iPad 2017 with 9.7-inch screen size is a value for money product. It is an ideal all-around tablet at a very competitive price. It is a product for everyone.
- What is Business Intelligence - March 7, 2018
- Some Basic Facts About Computer Virus - March 6, 2018
- Renting Versus Buying a Home - March 5, 2018
- True Story of Joni Mitchell’s “Woodstock” - March 3, 2018
- Movie Review: Billy Wilder’s The Fortune Cookie - March 2, 2018
- Elephant Rehabilitation in Sri Lanka - February 28, 2018
- What are Functional Foods, Nutraceuticals - February 27, 2018
- Weekend Breaks in the East of England in July and August - February 26, 2018
- How to Clean Foggy or Yellow Auto Lights - February 23, 2018
- We’re Not Married: a 1950s Comedy about Marriage - February 22, 2018