Earlier in 2017, Macphun announced that it will be releasing this popular photography software in a version for Windows after totally focusing on the Mac up until that time. Well, that time has come as the company has made the first move by launching a free public beta version for Windows of Luminar software.
What is Luminar
What exactly is Luminar – this is a new photo editing program which is very powerful and is a direct competitor to Adobe Lightroom. The developed model that is fully developed includes photo library as well as catalog features and will be coming shortly.
1st ever for Windows
This is first-ever software by Macphun for Windows, bring this company into a new age of serving not just Mac photographers but also Windows.
Introduced in 2016
Introduced in 2016, Luminar was developed to be a flexible but powerful photo editor that can be customized for any skill levels of photographers. For example, if you need the editing tools and features for RAW these are the most advanced. But if you are just starting in photography and want to get a better feeling for its basic controls, your workspace is able to be adjusted for that as well.
What Luminar currently has
Currently Luminar presently has over 300 various tools to use with your photos. There are:
- 50 one-click presets
- 40 photo filters for editing
- Supports latest RAW file changes
- Editing that is non-destructive
Features not ready
There are some features of the Mac version of Luminar that are still being worked on and are not available yet in the beta window edition. These include:
- Support for plug-ins
- Removal of Objects
- Reduction of Noise
These features are on plans for addition to the public beta when the complete Windows version is released later in the year.
Following other footsteps
Macphun is tracing the path that Affinity Photo took in 2016 November launching the free Windows beta of its Photoshop alternative and was quite popular. You can now download the free Macphun Luminar beta version of Window by clicking here and entering your email address.
Questions to work on
First you need to decide for yourself if you need a powerful software photo editing when you only take pictures with your cell phone. Have you been unable to find something that works just as well for you? And are you willing to work with a Beta version that more than likely with have lots of problems in it?
This is a vital phase of developing successful software packages. Beta testing includes a lot of issues and bugs – so if you don’t want to deal with this part of beta testing, it is best to not get involved. And they are getting your input for free – you are testing a product that will probably make a huge amount of money for the company that is developing but you are testing this – for free!
While you are using the beta version, you will need to activate it with a unique activation code. They will send that code via email. There are some tutorial sessions you can get up and running.
- Strange But Interesting Habits You Learn While Travelling - September 4, 2020
- How to be Bored - May 22, 2020
- Know The Enemy: Common Vulnerabilities in Public Cloud - November 26, 2019
- Important Information about Medicare Card - November 25, 2019
- Running a Small Business: What You Need to Know That Nobody Tells You - August 16, 2019
- Celebrate the Italian Way in Princeton this Fall - August 3, 2019
- The Newest trends in Bridal Jewellery - March 15, 2019
- Where to Find Affordable and Reliable Dutch Translation Services? - February 11, 2019
- Tips for Organising Memorable Hen Parties - September 25, 2018
- Are You a Banjo Beginner? How to Choose a Proper Banjo for Your Needs - June 8, 2018