We live in the age of disruptive technologies and every sector is accommodating wave of change. For a student, there has never been an easier way than using mobile Apps to access learning content on the go, anywhere and anytime. And even when it comes to placing orders for paper writing at Thesis Rush, or learning a new language, everything you ever wanted to know is now within the closest range possible.
This post will look at how today’s technologies are transforming the education sector, but, first things first, let’s take a look at a few things.
Examples of education technologies transforming the sector
- If those who attended school three decades ago had no option but to walk to school every morning, then not anymore. High-speed internet now makes it possible to access lectures from the comfort of your living room. It’s all about video conferencing.
- Computers are also changing the way students go about their learning activities today thereby reducing storage space for books from shelves to hard disks, hard drives, and memory cards.
- Smartphones and tablets have changed academia in magnanimous ways. Digital content is now the new kid in the block. Right from kindergarten, middle school, high school to higher learning institutions such as colleges and Universities, there is a whole range of things students can do with these tech-gadgets.
- With whiteboards taking over blackboards in classrooms, technology is now a manifest in the classroom, something that experts refer to as pedagogy.
- Lesson planning Apps are now very popular, and especially among teachers.
- Students no longer need the school bell. Smartwatches are the real deal in this era, and so are other smart ways of alerting learners about upcoming lessons.
There are many other inventive technologies that have taken over traditional forms of education, both in teaching and learning. The question is; what about hi-tech approaches to research in academia? For example, how is Virtual Reality (VR) transforming research methodologies in Medicine? You may also want to find out how Augmented Reality (VR) is changing the way graphic design students render 3D graphics, and perhaps how it is helping students of Marketing pursue their course innovatively.
Technology, and how it simplifies education
Thus far, let’s take a dive into how education has been made simple, all thanks to elements of technology today, some of which we interact with every day.
· Easy and simplified reading
A few years ago, everyone had to turn to page 90 if that is what the teacher says, and sometimes it got tedious if the lesson involved enormous textbooks. However, that is not the case today, especially with easy flip-through reading gadgets like tablets and Smartphones for students. It is to say; carrying voluminous books around campus is not fancy anymore. It is as tiresome as it gets, and especially with the advent of better alternatives, which is tech-gadgets.
If you haven’t used Kindle Fire, then you probably should try tablets or Amazon Kindle Paperwhite. These devices will reduce your bookshelf to a few gigabytes, and the good thing is that you can access all the content anywhere and anytime. Tablets, for example, have become popular eBook storage devices. The catch here is that, with the right App such as Kindle Reader installed in a device, one gets to digitize a whole library in a way that he or she likes.
· Creative and simplified management of classrooms
Technologies disrupting the education sector do not just target students, but teachers too. There is good classroom management software from which to choose a suitable one. In a nutshell, it is all about an integrated learning environment because with an App like HP lecture room manager, teachers are able to connect each of the student’s tabs to the main feed. This way, they get to monitor what each learner does in his or her own device.
· Interactive classrooms
Students are a curious lot, and tapping into this trait using technology means engaging them more in learning activities. From interactive whiteboards, classroom management Apps connected to student’s PCs to gamified learning activities, there couldn’t have a better time of bringing fun and excitement into the classroom than now.
· More collaboration between teachers, students, and parents
Parents always want to find out how their kids are doing at school, something which is now easy with integrated school management software. There is also a portal for teachers and students that boost collaboration. If say, a tutor wants to issue class assignment, he or she doesn’t need to walk up to the classroom but simply posts it to the students’ portal where everyone can access it.
From being able to learn from anywhere, thanks to the internet of things (IoT), buying books online for a new course to doing exams online without having to step into a classroom, technology is the future of education. And as Artificial intelligence continues to gain popularity in virtually all sectors, measuring progress and being in control of one’s learning is only going to get better.
- Top 7 Things to Do When You Visit Malaysia - June 10, 2019
- Garena Free Fire Mod Apk for a better gaming experience - May 24, 2019
- The Super-Simple Database of Music Lyrics - May 18, 2019
- What To Fix Your Retractable Awning? - May 8, 2019
- Reasons To Make Sexual Health a Priority - April 24, 2019
- The Development of Collaborative Robots (COBOTS) - April 20, 2019
- A new music video by Nico Cartosio “Melting” - April 16, 2019
- Most Creative Gift Ideas for this Mother’s Day Celebration - April 13, 2019
- The Do’s and Don’ts for Your First Holiday as a Couple - March 20, 2019
- Network Security: The high costs of missed patches - March 13, 2019