The 2017 will see some of the best techs across all segments and here are some of the most popular wearable fitness trackers this year – Fitbit Charge 2, Apple Watch Series 2, Garmin Vivomove and Garmin Forerunner 235.
Fitbit Charge 2
Priced tagged at around $150 on different online stores, the Fitbit Charge 2 comes with a multi-line OLED display to show time as well as fitness data. It is equipped with swappable band and great companion to those who likes to keep fit.
The con side of Fitbit Charge 2 is that is not water-resistant and so makes difficult to take it for swims or showers. Also, the wearable lacks GPS and notifications are limited.
For those who don’t need GPS and water-resistant wearable this is the best overall fitness tracker. The Fitbit Charge 2 will be economical as well as elegant.
Apple Watch Series 2
The Apple Watch Series 2 comes at $369 and is learned to be faster that runs on better OS. It comes equipped with onboard GPS and sports a brighter display compared to the Fitbit Charge 2. The device is waterproof to 50 meters in both fresh water as well as salt.
One of the important drawbacks of Apple Watch Series 2 is quick battery drain due to GPS activity. It also lacks always-on display. More to all these, it requires an iPhone too.
However, it has swim functions and those who are not a runner or swimmer could opt for Apple Watch Series 1.
The fitness watch Garmin Vivomove comes cheaper compared to Fitbit Charge and Apple Watch Series. It is being retailed at around $80 now and is learned to carry great fashion-watch design. It is capable of tracking steps and sleep too automatically. It comes with one-year battery life and can be synced to Android as well as iOS.
The greatest drawback of Garmin Vivomore is its occasional connection issues with its native app. It lacks advanced features like smartphone alerts and heart rate sensor. It lacks vibration too.
However, the device is well-crafted and stylish.
Garmin Forerunner 235
Price tagged at around $280, the Garmin Forerunner 235 can track all-day activities and displays notifications to either on iPhone or Android device. It has accurate GPS for tracking runs and monitor heart-rate from wrist 24/7.
The bad part of Garmin Forerunner 235 is its syncing problems sometime. More to this, the Garmins’ Connect app is a bit confusing to navigate.
However, it is best value for runners to track fitness.
- Yoga teacher: Knee, wrist injury prevention - February 26, 2020
- Which gaming headset is best for Playstation 3 - February 20, 2020
- Basic strategies to follow playing City of Wonder on Facebook - February 8, 2020
- Guide to nutritional healing and whether herbal medicines good - February 7, 2020
- What is MMORPG, the online roleplaying games - February 6, 2020
- How to lose weight with Wii Fit Plus - February 4, 2020
- Ways to make gil on Final Fantasy XI - February 3, 2020
- Scribblenauts guide action solutions 1-7 – 1-11 - February 2, 2020
- Choosing to play as a priest in World of Warcraft (WoW) - January 28, 2020
- What to expect first time in a Tai Chi Class - January 27, 2020