Travels and vacations should always be relaxing and quality time spent with your loved ones. However, those should not be backed by mistakes and added with stress, frustrations and extra costs. Below are some of the disasters to avoid while you are traveling overseas:
Don’t set out foot without setting budget
This is really important as you may go impulsive while buying food or doing shopping at malls or at hangout spots on the foreign land. You may overspend while traveling too. So set out your daily budget and only buy those products that you need for the day. Try to focus on high-value activities that should come within your set budget. Planning ahead will keep you safe from draining out of dollars at the end of the trip.
Double check everything, including reservations
Always remember to double check everything including travel date, city and state on the reservation tickets or email confirmation as making mistake is easy and about every state has duplicates names like Rome in Italy can also be mistaken with Rome in Georgia. Also, if you are booking cruise or hotel through third party, ensure those by making a phone call to the hotel or cruise help numbers.
Photostat or snap all important documents
Passports, driver’s licenses and other important documents need to be photocopied or snapped through your camera and leave it at home or with a friend or relative. Never keep original as well as duplicate documents together as you may lose both at time of adverse situation.
Schedule enough time between flights
Connecting flights should have enough time in between so that you don’t miss the second because the first one has been delayed. Consider past record of the plane, train, bus or cruise you are traveling as you may understand whether it is habituated in arriving late. Also, consider the current weather as too may delay the travel.
Don’t pack too much
This is really important to take note as if you may pack your bags with too much belongings you may pay extra fees at airport, extra money on bus or where ever required. Don’t bring your heaviest pair of shoes and heavy coats.
Don’t carry too many credit cards
Try not to carry too many credit cards with you whenever on travel and vacation as you may overspend and your trip may become expensive. Credit card spending may levy extra fees many places.
- How to set up a putt in golf - June 5, 2020
- Tips: Credit score, insurance score and auto insurance premiums - June 4, 2020
- Tips to playing great golf and fitness - June 1, 2020
- Power or Shakti Yoga Class - May 30, 2020
- Brief history of Olympics for disabled people - May 29, 2020
- Five good habits for a better golf game - May 25, 2020
- Yoga for children creates balanced and happy kid - May 17, 2020
- National Resonator (Steel) Guitar – development and history - May 16, 2020
- The fifth chakra – Vishuddha, throat chakra meditation - May 14, 2020
- Secrets to perfect yoga poses - May 11, 2020