Did I hear it right that you are planning to visit Peru this holiday season? Below are some valuable suggestions about top 10 things to do there.
The capital and also the hub of eclectic culinary delights is Lima. It is also the gastronomic capital of Latin America and is rightly called the Mecca for food-lovers. With architectural sites like La Catedral de Lima, Iglesia de Santo Domingo, museums and historic sites, it will give you a pure indulgence of sprawling metropolis at its edge.
Ignore all the other stretches of beaches and head to the surf town of Mancora for its beautiful paradise palm-lined beaches and surf-breaks. Relish the tasty seafood restaurants, street markets and the thrilling array of water-activities in this city.
A romantic destination of sand-boarding and dune-buggy rides, it is a desert oasis with towering sand dunes all around. It emits a beautiful reflection of the golden sands and red evening sky shimmer of the tranquil lake with tropical trees.
It is all about the secret ruins of Kuelap and the biggest waterfalls on earth, the Gocta Falls. It also has a fortress of the Chachapoya natices, left in ruins, sceneries and trekking options.
Amid the Inca Empire is this capital city Cuzco. Being the archaeological center it amalgamates Spanish Architecture and Inca layout. Forget everything in the bustling markets with restaurants, pubs and tons of hotels.
5. Nazca Lines
Fly above the Nazca lines to explore the history of Peru with the archaeological drawings that have mystified historians from hundreds of years. The aerial view of a plane is something that you can never forget.
4. Explore the Amazon
Visit the 60% of Peru covered by the Amazon Rain-forest to meet local tribes and live nature with an incredible range of biodiversity. With cheap, close by lodges, it’s ideal for the first time adventurers.
3. Colca Canyon
Come to this greatest trekking destination that offers an indescribable scenery which is twice as big as the Grand Canyon in the U.S.
2. Lake Titicaca and the Floating Islands
Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world, is also a huge store where you can buy traditional handicrafts. It has several artificial islands of Uros, which are picturesque with their tranquility and refreshing air.
1. Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail
The favourite destination amongst tourist is Machu Picchu. The unique splendor of the town, surrounded by mountains and usually preceded by the dramatic scenery of the world-famous Inca trail gets Machu Picchu several millions of tourists each year.
- Tips: Credit score, insurance score and auto insurance premiums - June 4, 2020
- Tips to playing great golf and fitness - June 1, 2020
- Power or Shakti Yoga Class - May 30, 2020
- Brief history of Olympics for disabled people - May 29, 2020
- Five good habits for a better golf game - May 25, 2020
- Yoga for children creates balanced and happy kid - May 17, 2020
- National Resonator (Steel) Guitar – development and history - May 16, 2020
- The fifth chakra – Vishuddha, throat chakra meditation - May 14, 2020
- Secrets to perfect yoga poses - May 11, 2020
- Zynga’s CityVille takes players beyond the farm - May 10, 2020