The Philippines, made up of more than7,000 islands, is indeed on the top of the bucket list of most tourists and travelers. Loaded with tourist spots and fabulous destinations, it is often confusing to decide which island to go and which to skip out. After all, each of those islands s more beautiful than the other and boasts of some unique sites and activities. The three main groups of islands are Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao, and they represent different scenery and regions in the country. You can enjoy walking the historic colonial streets or exploring the mountainous the next or go on an island-hopping trip.
Here are some of the best spots and sites to explore in the Philippines
- Bohol – Bohol boats of the country’s most unique natural beauty and wonders. There are thousands of geological formations in the UNESCO-protected site that looks like a landscape of chocolate candy kisses. It is easy to reach the island, as there are several ferries from Cebu to Bohol. Do not come back without having a look at the tarsier monkeys on the island of Bohol and go on an unforgettable hiking experience on those steep mountains.
- Palawan- Palawan should be on your Philippines itinerary, as it is made of spectacular beaches and islands. The natural parks and caves of Palawan Island are like a hidden gem of the Philippines. Do not miss the navigable underground river, the Puerto Princesa, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Boracay– Boracay is the beach capital of the Philippines as the tiny island boasts of a dozen beaches that are perfect for water activities or beach relaxation. The White Beach boasts of wonderful white sand has clear blue waters. Those beaches carry a lively reputation and are a favorite with the locals as well as tourists.
- Coron Island – You can make the Coron Island a base to access to all the nearby islands, and it is a perfect start for an adventurous trip! There is a lot to do and see here, such as motorbiking, island-hopping, kayaking, jungle trekking, and some of the highlights of the trip include Twin Lagoon, Mount Tapyas, Kayangan Lake and more.
- Samal Island – If you are keen to do hiking, diving, and kayaking, then head straight for Samal Island. Here you can either relax at the beach or hike on those nature trails and visit the tropical waterfalls. As Samal Island is very close to Davao City, you can enjoy the metropolitan scene whenever you want.
- Cebu- Another of the most visited tourist destination in Cebu that lures visitors because of its colonial heritage sites, amazing beaches, and gorgeous waterfalls. Do not miss the famous Cebu Lechon if wanting to get a taste of the local cuisine. There are plenty of luxury beach resorts on the island and white-sand beaches for swimming and diving.
- Tagaytay – You must pay a visit to Tagaytay, a scenic town on the island of Luzon. The picturesque town is located on the ridge of the Taal Volcano and overlooks the Taal Lake. It is indeed a trendy tourist spot in the Philippines and remains lush and green throughout the year. Places to visit in and near the town include Puzzle Mansion, Taal Volcano, Taal Lake, Sky Ranch, Pink Sisters, and more.
- Vigan – Another must-see site in the Philippines is the charming town and historic city of Vigan. Here, you will find a fusion of Chinese and Spanish culture, and this is what makes it remarkable. Take a horse-drawn ride through the streets and admire the Chinese and Spanish colonial architecture from the 18th century. Explore the Calle Crisologo historic district and see the handicraft work of local craftsmen.
- Drive with Confidence: Seven Practical Tips to Overcome Your Driving Anxiety - July 2, 2020
- How to Keep Your Dog Safe This Summer - June 30, 2020
- How to Properly Advertise Your Business Online? - June 15, 2020
- What is Car Detailing And How is it Different from Car Washing? - May 30, 2020
- What are the benefits of whiteboard animation? - May 25, 2020
- What Does a Credit Card Hardship Program Entail? - May 18, 2020
- How Industry 4.0 Changed the Internet for the Better - May 6, 2020
- The Power of Localization and Translation in Video Games - May 1, 2020
- Parenting Tips On How To Make Your House Move Fun For Kids - April 23, 2020
- Exploring the Difference between Prequalifying and Prescreening for Credit - April 17, 2020