Do you have an unquenchable thirst for travel that can only be satisfied by lounging in Fiji’s blue lagoons or exploring the thick green landscapes of Kerala? Do you long to leave dear old Blighty behind for weeks, months or years to discover the world and yourself?
Is university destined to get in the way?
If you’re nodding your head glumly, chances are high that you’ve already considered taking a gap year to fit in some well-deserved globetrotting or, alternatively, picking up a degree first then eagerly looking out the backpack later.
But what if you could some how combine the two?
While this may conjure up images of flying back to the UK to attend a coma-inducing lecture on financial reporting theory, technological advances now mean you can hit the books from a hammock in Havana or a beach in Bali.
Studying Whilst Abroad
Whether you’re holed up in Sydney’s CBD or learning to dive in Thailand, the variety and flexibility of distance learning options means you can study from anywhere in the world where you can access the internet.
For many, the thought of studying whilst taking time out to “find” themselves is a disagreeable prospect, but considering just how much of our lives are dominated by the glare of laptops, tablets and smartphones (your head’s probably buried in one now), you can turn idle browsing on its head.
Grab an Online Degree
From decontamination sciences and criminology to computing and degrees on becoming a football coach, an online degree from a reputable learning provider will give you the freedom to follow your dreams in more ways than one.
Whatever your area of interest, distance learning shows a demonstrable commitment to self-development and ambition – and when coupled with the life experience you’ll pick up whilst traveling, this is a winning combination for your future career prospects.
Coming Home and Graduation
Aside from a terrible sunburn and more hangovers than you can remember, returning back to the UK with a backpack full of memories and (depending on how long you’ve been away) a degree in your pocket isn’t the worst thing in the world.
After graduating, of course, the world is once again your oyster – from an occupational AND travel perspective, as your online degree will almost certainly help open many more doors on your quest to climb to the top of the career ladder.
What do you think?
Would you consider combining travel with studying for a degree? How do you think cultural experiences would shape your education? Please let us know by leaving a comment below – we’d love to hear from you.
- How to Make the Most of Your car Racing-Themed Vacation - December 22, 2017
- Will Reading Glasses Soon be a Thing of the Past? - December 7, 2017
- How to Turn Your Home to a Vacation Rental - December 1, 2017
- Medical Innovations: Pioneering, yet Simple - October 25, 2017
- Professional Photo Editing with RetouchMe - October 24, 2017
- How to Become More Convincing: 3 Original and Effective Methods - October 24, 2017
- 3 Simple Tips to Improve Cash Flow in a Business - October 23, 2017
- Redecorate for a Cozy Fall - October 22, 2017
- How To Keep Kids Away From Overuse Habit Of Smartphone - October 15, 2017
- Stay On Budget For Black Friday & Beyond - October 9, 2017