What happens if you get into a car accident and realize, over time, that you still experience pain as a result of the experience? It may take some time to truly identify the long-term injuries caused by a car accident.
This article will go through the possible symptoms of a car accident back injury so that you know what you’re dealing with.
Signs and Symptoms of Car Accident Back Injury
If you’re experiencing any type of pain in your back, you should seriously consider going to a doctor. These are some signs and symptoms that you have sustained a car accident back injury:
- Pain that goes from your lower back to your legs
- Overall pain
- Numbness or a tingling feeling in your limbs
- Difficulty standing or walking
- Muscle spasms
Sometimes, it may take a few hours or even a day before the symptoms begin to surface. Once they do, however, make sure you immediately consult a doctor.
You can also contact a car accident firm to represent your case if you decide to file a lawsuit or request greater compensation as a result of your injuries.
Types of Back Injuries Caused by Car Accidents
There are different back injuries that may be caused by car accidents, most of which involve some sort of damage to your spine. These are the common types of injuries you may experience when you are involved in a car accident.
Thoracic Spine Injury
Thoracic spine injuries are usually the most serious because the thoracic spine connects with the ribs and the chest area. Any sprain or fracture may cause permanent nerve damage.
Lumbar Spine Injury
The lumbar spine helps with the stability of your spine, so a sprain or a strain can become extremely painful. A sprain damages the ligaments while a strain stretches them or the muscles. An injury in this area may cause limited movement, swelling, and an inability to perform physical activities.
A herniated disc happens when a disc – which provides protection to the spine – gets displaced. This then adds pressure on the spinal cord, causing pain in the lower back. You may also experience numbness in your legs as a result.
Spinal Cord Injury
Some of the most serious back injuries will involve some sort of harm to the spinal cord. Injuries can include bruising the region or even permanent damage to the spinal cord and nerves, which will lead to long-term damage.
Spinal cord injuries can result in paralysis, numbness in certain parts of the body, or losing reflect functions. Treatments or surgery may also cause harm by resulting in bleeding, pneumonia, or spinal fluid leaks.
What to Do When You Suffer a Car Accident Injury
After a car accident, it may take a few hours before symptoms begin to emerge regarding a car accident back injury. However, if you start experiencing any form of pain, make sure you immediately consult a doctor. You can also go to a car accident attorney and file a legal claim.
Did you find this article helpful? Check out the rest of our Health section.
- How To Have Good Time On A Budget In Los Angeles - November 30, 2021
- How You Can Streamline Your Business In 2022 - November 25, 2021
- Find Out How You Can Choose a Reliable Domain Hosting Service - November 23, 2021
- Make Your Guest’s Overnight Stay Enjoyable - November 20, 2021
- How Photo Booths Can Improve A Party - November 19, 2021
- Has the Covid Era Given Rise to Sex Crimes? - November 17, 2021
- What Are the Benefits Of Visual Storytelling? - November 16, 2021
- How to learn to invest from scratch? - November 15, 2021
- Lincoln Online Game General Overview - November 12, 2021
- How To Get the Most Out of Your Employees - November 10, 2021