Hair has an important role in showcasing our personality. We can change our looks by new styles, cuts and colours, telling the world what we are like through our hair. But pollution, constant styling and lifestyle can have a harming impact on our hair. It’s easy to start noting small problems such as lifelessness and split ends, but you can even begin seeing a lot of dandruff and hair loss. To help you combat these hair problems, here are clever home remedies and tricks to fix your locks.
Combating dry or oily hair and scalp
The winter season is especially harsh on your hair and a lot of people start suffering from a slight frizz. Dry hair can be a nightmare to control and it can give your hair a dull and unhealthy look. If you want to add healthy shine back to your hair try these home ingredients:
- Eggs will provide nutrition to your scalp. Mix a few eggs together, depending on your hair length, add a bit of vinegar and olive oil. Once the mixture is smooth, apply to your hair and wear a plastic cap on top. After 30 minutes, you can wash it out.
- Moisture your hair and scalp with vegetable oil, such as coconut or almond oil. Warm the oil gently without making it too hot to apply on your hair. Apply the oil to dampened hair and cover with a warm towel for an hour. Wash out with a mild shampoo.
On the other hand, if you suffer from the opposite effect of an oily looking hair, you can use other ingredients to improve the condition. You need to use the following remedies:
- Squeeze juice from one lemon and dilute with a splash of water. Mix the mixture well and apply to your scalp. Leave on for a few minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Mix two tablespoons of baking soda into a litre of water. Apply the mixture to your hair and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse and wash away with a mild shampoo.
In both instances, you should avoid washing your hair too often or using harsh hair styling products. You can find great hair products at Nourished Life to ensure you don’t put a lot of pressure on your hair. Finding an online discount and coupons is a great idea! OZCodes.com.au is one of the coupon websites to get the latest deals and discounts for saving your money on various health care products.
Getting rid of greys
Grey hair isn’t just a sign of old age, but stress can also affect your chances of developing greys. While grey hairs cannot be reversed, you can hide it with the use of hair colours and a few other ingredients. But instead of opting for the usual hair colour products, which have more chemicals, you should try these home remedies:
- Buy a henna colouring, which is a natural hair dye that stains the hair either dark red or brown.
- Crush walnut shells and add them to boiling water, leaving it there for 30 minutes. Cool the liquid and strain it using a cotton ball. Apply the liquid over the area with grey hair and leave it on for an hour. Rinse with shampoo.
Dandruff is a rather embarrassing hair condition, which can affect your confidence. Luckily, your kitchen cabinets are probably full of solutions to the problem. You can get rid of dandruff with the help of:
- Aloe Vera gel, which you can buy from Bellabox. Leave it on for 30 minutes and wash away with an aloe Vera based shampoo.
- Apply gram flour mixed with curd directly on your scalp. Rinse the mixture after 30 minutes.
- Create a paste with basil leaves, amala powder and water. Massage the paste to your scalp and let it rest for 30 minutes. Wash away with plain water.
Preventing hair loss
Perhaps the most devastating hair problem is hair loss. The level of hair thinning can vary from simple thinning to developing bald patches. Hair loss can have genetic reason, but things like hormonal changes, stress and diet can also influence it. To combat hair loss, try these home remedies:
- Crush a couple of garlic cloves; mix it with coconut oil and boil for a few minutes. Once the mixture is cool or mildly warm, apply on the scalp by gently massaging. Rinse and repeat the procedure a few times a week.
- Take a single egg white and mix with olive oil. Mix them until you have a paste-like mixture. Apply to your hair and scalp, leaving it on for 15 minutes. Rinse with cold water and wash the hair well.
If you are loosing hair fast and in large quantities, it’s important to discuss the issue with your healthcare provider. There can be an underlying reason for the hair loss and you want to ensure you’re not suffering from anything too serious.
When it comes to looking after your hair, remember to use quality products and allow your hair to rest as well. Favour products that are gentle and use natural ingredients instead of a list of chemicals you’ve never heard mentioned. Above all, make sure to eat well and get enough sleep to keep your hair healthy!
- Bitten by a Dog? You May Be Able to Sue - August 1, 2021
- Brighten Up Your Living Room With These Useful Lighting Tips - August 1, 2021
- Animated Short Film Blush Executive Produced by John Lasseter Premiers at Tribeca Film Festival - July 28, 2021
- What You Need to do to Start an Ecommerce Business - July 27, 2021
- How to Start a Campfire: A Guide - June 28, 2021
- 5 Essential Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Online Music Lessons - November 24, 2020
- Strange But Interesting Habits You Learn While Travelling - September 4, 2020
- How to be Bored - May 22, 2020
- Know The Enemy: Common Vulnerabilities in Public Cloud - November 26, 2019
- Important Information about Medicare Card - November 25, 2019