Most parents tend to focus on the potential harm than on the possible benefits of computer video games. These games, however, are a major part of modern childhood. If you have the right information, computer games can be a vital tool to help your kids develop particular skills in life. Several studies have shown that computer games, even the violent ones, can help children develop essential intellectual and emotional skills that support their academic achievement. These findings caused many creative teachers around the world to recognize the importance of gaming and employ game-based learning in their curricula. But gaming is not just beneficial in school; new studies show that all forms of gaming can be positive.
6 Reasons You Should Allow Your Kid to Play Computer Games
1. Gaming enhances social skills
80 percent of the kids play video games with their friends in the same room while only 20 percent play them alone. These kids work together in teams to achieve objectives, or compete against others, or both. These games test the team-work abilities of the children. They in turn help to hone interpersonal and communication skills to progress. These pro-social activities are vital for healthy social development. Positive social skills are critical in developing high self-esteem, improved school performance, and good peer relationship. These characteristics are more likely to lead to successful careers and marriages.
2. Games lead to improved reading comprehension and critical thinking skills
Many teachers struggle to make subjects such as critical literature relevant to their students who have grown up in the fast-moving world of the Internet. With the ability to travel in a flash to any location on Earth using Google makes Odysseus’ journey of ten years seem slow. Computer games
create an excellent opportunity to make the valuable material engaging and more relevant for students.
3. Computer games relieve stress and make people happy
Video games have been shown to have a positive therapeutic effect on people of all ages. This is especially true for people with emotional and mental problems. The games provide an opportunity to tune out the stresses of daily life and help you to decompress. Giving your mind a chance to rest is vital to emotional well-being. Relaxation lowers the probability of stroke and heart problems, improves memory, prevents depression and helps in decision-making. It also has physical benefits such as reducing acne and suppressing the urge of stress eating. All these advantages accrue from doing an activity that is fun and enjoyable.
4. Video games are great for individualized learning
Every learner is different. Most teachers and schools lack the resources to provide an individualized learning plan. But video games make this possible. Video games allow kids to learn at their own pace without the need for constant parental monitoring. The experiences of the players can be tailored relative to their performance and preference. If they solve the problems well, the game adjusts to present the learner with a more difficult challenge. If they are stuck in one concept, the game can present the same idea in a different way or lower the difficulty level until the learner grasps it. By balancing the enjoyment of gameplay with the appropriate challenge level, games can keep the players in their own exclusive, engaging and optimally challenging learning zone.
5. Computer games teach kids new technical skills
Many developers such as Bobby Kotick
agree that video games are an excellent way to make kids develop an interest in technology from an early age. The games teach them technical skills that will bear fruits along the way. For example, Angry Birds is a game that teaches basic coding skills. Video games also hone the reasoning, problems solving, spatial thinking, memory, reasoning, and perception. All these come in handy in many technical careers.
6. Computer games can help to gauge your child’s cognitive development and create an environment for individualized learning
Traditionally, students’ progress and abilities were assessed through quizzes and tests. But, this reveals only a small percentage of the development. Video games can provide very detailed real-time statistics because they collect data in every step of development, which provides the context for your child’s particular learning habits and development. This enables a greater understanding of how your child is interacting with issues and allows a teacher to provide immediate feedback.
Computer games play
a vital role in the development and learning of your kid, and should, therefore, be encouraged and not considered as a negative thing for your child to indulge in.
- 5 Best Tire Maintenance Tips - May 23, 2017
- An Overview Of What CBD Oil Is Used For - May 17, 2017
- How to Protect Your Things When You Travel for Extended Periods - May 16, 2017
- Easy to recover lost Data using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 11.5 - May 11, 2017
- 3 Financial Tips on Real Estate Investment - May 10, 2017
- When the Affordable Beats the Spectacular devices - May 8, 2017
- Reasons you should be using animated explainer videos for your business - May 8, 2017
- Your Next Trade Show Exhibition: Why Hiring Event Staff Matters - May 1, 2017
- Why Should I Establish a Health Spending Account When I Have Health Insurance? - April 30, 2017
- Why do you need a SEO Expert? - April 29, 2017