The majority of people who use a computer know very little of what they are actually doing. They do know that they need to have some antivirus program installed, but how that works or how to find the best one is something they often don’t consider. There are many antivirus reviews out there, however, designed to help you find something that works. Make sure you use these to your advantage.
A Problem with Reviews
One problem with reviews is that they are often not up to date. Unfortunately, the world of online threats grows on a daily basis, and you need to make sure that you are protected against what is out there now, not what was out there yesterday. There are adware programs, Trojans, worms, viruses, keyloggers, and many more. Luckily, you can still use reviews to your advantage, just make sure that you also visit the Microsoft website for a list of the latest viruses and check with the scanner you decided to go with that they protect against that.
The Practical Example
You may have heard of the Doom Worm. A single user received an email and opened it, because it looked like it came from Microsoft. His computer was instantly destroyed, leaving him to have to buy a new one and, to this day, it is not known how many more people he infected by doing this.
Virus protection can really help you with this. The guy who built Doom Worm, an 18 year old from the United Kingdom, was in jail for five years because he destroyed hundreds of computers. Warnings were circulated to stop people from opening the virus, but the scanners hadn’t caught up yet.
Today, however, things are very different. Now, solutions are in place to anticipate an attack, and to recognize something that may not be known yet, but that looks like a malicious attack. This means that you are always a lot more protected.
So how do you find the program that is best suited to you? Through reviews! Good reviews are filled with details about what the various programs come with. They will tell you the pros and cons, and why they like or dislike certain elements. While certain names, including Kaspersky, Norton, McAfee, and AVG, always score relatively highly, there are some very good – and much cheaper – alternatives out there as well that you could consider (remember to first cross-reference with the Microsoft list!).
Just because a certain program is well-known and ranks highly, however, it may not be for you. Some people swear by Norton, one of the oldest antivirus programs out there, others find it far too complex. Others love AVG because it offers a comprehensive free for life solution, others don’t trust the free version and feel the paid for one is too expensive. Everybody has unique and individual needs. Two things are guaranteed, however:
- There is an antivirus program out there that meets your personal needs, and;
- Someone has reviewed it already.
- How to be Bored - May 22, 2020
- Know The Enemy: Common Vulnerabilities in Public Cloud - November 26, 2019
- Important Information about Medicare Card - November 25, 2019
- Running a Small Business: What You Need to Know That Nobody Tells You - August 16, 2019
- Celebrate the Italian Way in Princeton this Fall - August 3, 2019
- The Newest trends in Bridal Jewellery - March 15, 2019
- Where to Find Affordable and Reliable Dutch Translation Services? - February 11, 2019
- Tips for Organising Memorable Hen Parties - September 25, 2018
- Are You a Banjo Beginner? How to Choose a Proper Banjo for Your Needs - June 8, 2018
- How to Make the Most of Your car Racing-Themed Vacation - December 22, 2017